• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some files that I created on the main computer don't open of Surface Pro windows 10Good PDF File.JPG

PDF 0pens into acrobat gray screened.JPG

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks Steve

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC which is fully supported in Micrososft Windows 10.

Seems like you're using an old and no-longer upported version  of Acrobat Pro which accroding to system requirements, fi that is Acrobat Pro X or XI  seems like you squeezed in tha installation forcibly in your Windows box.

I would suggest, that if your Acrobat Pro was working before and all of a sudden it's behaving like this, to  click "Help"--->>> "Repair Installation" and then force manually  the last known version update for whatever version of Acrobat Pro you're using.

That is the only work around that you'll see frequently recommended here in the community support forum.

You can get those updates from here: 

In addition, if you're one of those Adobe customers who refuses to give up your old Adobe Acrobat Pro, I would also suggest to run it in compatibility mode.

To do so, right click on the Adobe Acrobat Pro icon in wherever folder you have it installed.

In MS Windows 10 , Acrobat executable for Acrobat Pro DC if installed in this directory path:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat

Check in your system where the executable for your Acrobat version  was installed to.

Scroll down until you find the "Acrobat.exe" file, right-click on it--->> Select "Properties" from the context menu and switch to the "Compatibiity" tab.

See slide below:

compatMode.png

Last, verify and confirm that if you've set Adobe Acrobat Pro as the default PDF owner in your system that MS Windows 10 is not reverting the PDF ownership back to MS Edge browser or something else.

Very frequently a lot of users in report back to the forums observing that this isa frequent issue with each MS Windows update  (specially with  unattended system updates).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Thanks for your council, I found a setting in preferences that opened
these pdf's but I don't recall which one it was that was masking these
multi-paged PDF files. And yes I am an old Acrobat fan hanging onto the
days that computer programs were not subscritions that had to be renewed
each year and you know the security forces and all the identity codes well,*

*"IF It Works Don't Change It" *

*Cheers,*
*Steve*

*Office: 541-822-6060 Mobile: 541-953-6928*
*https://www.picaflores.net/*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok great!

And you're welcome.

Hey if you find those settings would you mind sharing what you did?  Just make sure to mark your answer as correct solution for the benefit of those  faithful fans of Acrobat Pro legacy products.

Thanks for that feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines