• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are the PDFs saving as an "ePDF" instead of normal PDF?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do I change it to save as normal PDF? Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving PDFs from what using what options?

Are you creating PDF files from some application? If so, exactly how are you doing this?

There is no option in Adobe applications for producing .ePDF files. We don't even know what they are. Sounds like some third party application or malware is on your system.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saving PDFs from existing PDFs from my email. I'm saving them on my laptop. However, I noticed it when I after I saved one, I opened it to review and it was loaded like a webpage with a URL at the top... almost like a saved shortcut link on a desktop. Also, it says "ePDF" on my desktop where I saved them. I've even downloaded Acrobat and it's still doing it. I've got an ASUS laptop I purchased new this year incase that may have anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file extension ".ePDF" or do you see "ePDF" at file type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with any Adobe product. It seems like your e-mail client is saving those PDF files in the .ePDF format, whatever that is. What e-mail client are you using?

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an email set up attached to my laptop or Exhange. I just log in to my yahoo on a google chrome webpage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it would appear that something in Yahoo's e-mail web client is the source of this problem. Contact them for support!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What extension can you see in the email message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It caused by the default setting of how your PDF opens. Right click on the thumbnail of the PDF file. In the files properties dialog box, click change. Choose Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat, and then click OK. (If you don't have one of those as a choice, you will need to download the application to your computer first) In the properties dialog box, click OK. That will change you default and they will no longer be downloaded as ePDFs, but as regular PDFs instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*It'S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me as well, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already answered above by denisev - this worked for me - Right click on ePDF document, select properties, under "General" tab, where it says "Opens with", click "Change" select adobe acrobat, click ok.

I already had adobe installed but could not understand why it kept saving and opening as an ePDF...telling it to open as adobe acrobat made the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines