• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why cant i digitally sign with acrobat reader dc

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop recently did an update to arobat reader dc and now I am unable to digitally sign forms. Can I go back to a previous version?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Hi Ericap,

Adobe Reader, signature options: Sign PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

If you have access to PDFPack, you have to log in with your Adobe ID and password to Reader DC, and you should be able to sign "Sign In" option at the top right corner of the app.

Fill and Sign: If your form has the fillable field, then Fill and Sign won't work.

Using Adobe PDFPack you have access to "Send for Signature" service and of course, you have access to "Fill and Sign."

For more information about PDFPack: FAQ | Adobe PDF Pack

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you sign the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you hit the fill and sign it gives the option to create a manual signature. It use to let me sign with a digital certificate which is no longer available. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 8:04 AM, Bernd Alheit<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Bernd Alheit in Security & Digital Signatures - View the full discussion

What happens when you sign the form?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10081638#10081638 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10081638#10081638

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Security & Digital Signatures by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Certificates > ...

Fill & Sign doesn't use certificates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the problem. I was able to sign with the ADOBE pack and then it upgraded to this Acrobat Reader DC which doesn't help me. Thank you for your time.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 8:40 AM, Bernd Alheit<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Bernd Alheit in Security & Digital Signatures - View the full discussion

Use Tools > Certificates > ...

Fill & Sign doesn't use certificates.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10082081#10082081 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10082081#10082081

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Security & Digital Signatures by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PDF Pack can't sign documents. And Acrobat Reader isn't a upgrade of PDF Pack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether it can or not that's all I had and purchased. I was signing forms digitally with my military id. I didn't have a product key, I went through Adobe and that's what I have been using for the past year up until a couple of days ago.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Bernd Alheit<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Adobe PDF Pack can't sign documents. And Acrobat Reader isn't a upgrade of PDF Pack.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10082666#10082666 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10082666#10082666

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We told you what to do. Many messages ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericap,

Adobe Reader, signature options: Sign PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

If you have access to PDFPack, you have to log in with your Adobe ID and password to Reader DC, and you should be able to sign "Sign In" option at the top right corner of the app.

Fill and Sign: If your form has the fillable field, then Fill and Sign won't work.

Using Adobe PDFPack you have access to "Send for Signature" service and of course, you have access to "Fill and Sign."

For more information about PDFPack: FAQ | Adobe PDF Pack

Let us know if you have more questions.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

I can sign some documents but at times I cannot. When I clicked on sign icon, these 4 squares keeps on changing from gray to blue. I assume processing or anything. I checked the properties of the file and it says signature is allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnnyt,

This is a PDFService and can be accessed offline with limited features via Reader/Acrobat DC. When you try to hit "Fill and Sign" it tries to access your "Fill and Sign" online account. And for a number of reasons this service get interrupted, which results in the behaviour you are experiencing.

Whenever you are experiencing this issue, I would recommend using this service via browser https://cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign And make sure you are logged into the account with your Adobe Id and password.

Feel free to update this discussion if you have further questions.

-Tariq Dar 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Tariq. The link seems not working. Is there any other link you can provide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnnyt,

Sorry for the delay in response, it should be working: https://cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign if this doesn't work try copying this one https://cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign

Feel free to update the discussion if you have further questions.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bernd, this is exactly what I needed to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Adobe. Why are we paying our stupid subscription fees when the new product we pay for does not work? My brand new machine (Apple MacBook Pro) that I recently purchased has the brand new Adobe Cloud and all of the mods and cons that comes with my subscription. BUT for the signature does not work.

I go to my old machine - a 2021 Apple iMac with Adobe Creative Suite and I use Adobe Acrobat Pro from the dark ages and guess what: 

WORKS LIKE A DREAM. 

I can press: Signature, and bingo: it works beautifully.

Not so with the brand new Acrobat Stupid DC. 

I want my money back if you can't fix this. Maybe I need to get the consume law people onto this so that you can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*2012 Apple iMac that should read...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed for me via remote tech support...

Trash acrobat preference files in your library. Empty trash.

Get the acrobat cleaner tool   Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Clean acrobat from your computer.

Download and install latest version of acrobat dc.

Fill and sign works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines