• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Disclose My Issue Up Front When There Are Other Options?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends and fellow planet-men. I've been having an issue with the Adobe Acrobat Android app for a few months at this point, but had not reached the requisite threshold of frustration needed to compel me to whine about until, well, today. It's really Comcast's fault, they pre-enraged me already today, and so I was already most of the way there. It's really not fair to the Adobe kids, because they provide stuff that is so cool, I'm eagerly willing to throw LOTS of money at then each year to have access. Alas, this is the MO of Comcast, to disenfranchise any and all entities anywhere within 2 degrees of separation of them, and do so without prejudice or pause, just so long as done MBA can point to a resulting cost savings, and qualify for this quarter's bonus. So, Adobe, I wish this want happening, but based on what I feel is an absolute full throttle approach to product and service innovations coupled with your efforts to demonstrate the value the company places on their customers, I think you'll be ok. Think of this as an exercise in growing our emotional relationship bonds, something that you can't assign a dollar sign value to. Comcast could, but not you. You know who else could too? Blockbuster, Lehman Brothers, The Hanson Brothers.. Yup, and in each case, just when they thought it couldn't get any better, their entire universe collapses around them as punishment for sucking as bad as they all did. I'm glad we had this talk, I feel good about it, but I need to get back to my point.

For the last few, I want to say months, I've been unable to log into my account using my Android app. Any time I tried, I arrive at the same screen, and then I start tapping, harder and harder, but the 'Continue' button is just not willing to complete it's life's work of letting me continue. It just sits there, laughing at my tap tap tapping and probably calling me a 'ginger' on account of my winning the genetic lottery and being 'blessed' with a bright luminescent quaff of orange clown hair. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt my feelers.... It stopped hurting long ago, back when I suddenly realized that the oddly tall (6'4") ematiated look (165 lbs) just wasn't in vogue with any women not 85 years old. The orange clown hair was just the oddly colored cherry on that delicious serving of self confidence pie!

So, I expected that if anything, Adobe would once again provide me with another opportunity to briefly enjoy a little slice of emperor-level authority, giving me the raw power to choose who I will determine deserves to be kicked off the Abode system so I can use 1 of my 2 licenses. Come on, I can't be the only one who finds joy in that while thing, am I?

Anyway, am I also the only Android user who has been Amish shunned by the Adobe community, and not having the ability to modify PDFs on my cell phone to make it look like I'm an airline pilot whilst at the pub? Actually, I'm not even certain what the magnitude of awesome is with regards to the Android app, THAT'S how long I've been suffering in the dunce corner. And for what? Because I don't have the awesome brevity skills of everyone else?!? Long posts are just one of the many debilitating symptoms  I've suffered with my entire life because of an untreatable cognitive condition I was diagnosed with in my early teens. Yeah, feel kinda bad now, don't ya? Well, maybe you'll be a little more sensitive to the next person you come across who is living with this constant struggle. They changed the name of it a few times, but I believe the DSM 5 now lists it under untreatable cognitive defects calling it "Im-matoority", although the proper pronunciation of what kind like a Slavic-based Yiddish term it's a mystery to me.

Seriously though, Android app, sign in, Amish Shunning? Anyone else? Also, if anyone here prints this post out, I'd be willing to sign it for you. I know many of you recognize the immediate elevation in social and cultural status which comes along with owning a sign copy of any of my works of prose. 

My hope now, there is at least one person out there who is skilled enough to read this entire thing and recognize that there is a genuine question hiding in amongst the awesome, that this person is aware of this issue, and is willing to share the solution with me, all despite my inability to somehow return the time lost to reading my work if literary creative genius. 

I bid you a fine day, and wish you God Speed, because that's apparently a thing, and God is more of an uppers kinda party freak.

Your Newest Best Friend,

Peter

Oh hey, look, my screenshot is there. Right below this sentence... Yeah.. You need to scroll... No roll the wheel the other way.. There it is....

Nope..  man, I batting 1.000 with all things Adobe, aren't I? It won't upload my rad screenshot. Could it be? No, how? Am I somehow being pre-Amish Shunned by the Adobe crew as punishment for my blatant disregard for this universally loved 'brevity' thing? If so, well, I have to concede, my hats off to you. It's like that movie where people were arrested for crimes they were going to commit, but hadn't yet. That weird couch jumping self righteous fella who bought a ticket to heaven was in it. Yeah, the guy who is taking alien bone marrow so he never ages, Thomas Crews or something. Anyway, no screenshot, but I know you'll trust that this issue is real and not the mad rantings of someone looking for emotional codependency... Right?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?