• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I get the message "CoCreateInstance failed - Could not create 3D mouse device" with Acrobat9?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a crash and reinstalled everything.  All is OK, except when I open Acrobat 9, I get the message "CoCreateInstance failed - Could not create 3D mouse device".  Tried unchecking anything in Acrobat preferences having to do with 3D, and I don't currently have a 3D mouse device installed.  Can't find any other reference in Google that includes both Acrobat and the contents of the message, part or all.  Ran "repair acrobat installation" and rebooted, and that didn't help.  Totally stumped!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a 3d program (like 3d studio max)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have SketchUp 2013 and Vectorworks 2013.  I had both of these as well as Acrobat 9 installed before my crash, and never had this problem before.  I can't find any settings in either program that seem like they'd influence other applications.  Possibly, in reinstalling all my programs, I installed SU & VW first, and Acrobat after.  Could that sequence possibly have anything to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the only time you see the error is when opening acrobat, uninstall acrobat, run the cleaner (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html), restart your computer and then reinstall acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 63,943 posts, I couldn't ask for a better person for advice!  Yes, I only see it when I open Acrobat.  I was just about to download and run the cleaner, when I came across the warning that it was only for a standalone version of Acrobat.  I acquired my v9pro with CS5 Design Standard.  After my recent crash, I re-downloaded Acrobat from Adobe>my adobe, and I have not yet re-installed Photoshop, Bridge, or Illustrator.  Since I haven't installed the others using the CS setup.exe, is it safe to run the cleaner on Acrobat?  What is the risk, anyway?  FYI, I also re-installed Reader XI, and though I don't generally use it since I have Acrobat, I just tried opening it, and got the same message about 3D mouse.

Thanks.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the cs cleaner.

first uninstall your cs5 programs (including acrobat) and uninstall adobe reader.

run the cleaner for reader:  http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

restart your computer.

then run the cs cleaner (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html)

restart your computer

and finally reinstall your cs5 programs including acrobat (but not reader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

In my case, I just fresh installed of Windows 10.  (It installed 10th anniversary edition).

Fresh installed Acrobat DC.

Programs Installed:

7-Zip 15.14

Acrobat DC

EMET 5.5

Fiddler

Google Chrome

Microsoft Office 2010 Pro, Full Install

Visual C++ 2010

Notepad ++

NVIDIA 3d Vision Driver, Graphic Driver, NVIEW, and WMI

Paragon Hard Disk Manager

Radmin Viewer

Symantec End Point Protection

Team Viewer

VNC Viewer 5.x

VNC Viewer +

Windows Assessment

Graphic card is NVIDIA QUADRO FX1800.  3D Visions drivers not installed.  Just basic drivers.

NO otherwise Adobe suite or 3D programs.

This "Could not create 3D Mouse Device" appeared immediately after installing Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same error here!

Ssolved deleting the file "3DxAcr3d.api" contained in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins". I don't use a 3D mouse and don't need 3D functionalities.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines