• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I keep having to sign in to open a pdf in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started when Windows 10 updated and I had to renew my Adobe subscription as well. Very frustrating to be prompted for sign in every time I use Acrobat DC for pdf's.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Looking at the description given above, I believe you are getting the Sign In dialog box, every time you open/view a PDF within Acrobat DC.

If this is the case, then there are a few things that we'd like you to check-

1- Close Acrobat DC>Reboot your system

2- If you have Creative Cloud desktop installed, then Sign Out of the CCDA once. And Open Acrobat DC.

3- Acrobat will ask for Sign In again. Does this solve the problem for next time? If it doesn't, then-

Solution: 2

This issue is most often caused by restricted permissions on your computer for the following folders:

• Adobe PCD
    SLStore

To set the permission to these folders follow the instructions given here: 

If this doesn't help, then try the

Soluion-3

• Enter the name of the program in the search box on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) the search result, and then select Open file location.
  • Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

(Alternately, if you have Acrobat DC icon at desktop, you could Right click at it, and select Properties and then select Compatibility tab)

compatibility.png

Hope this help!

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is very frustrating. What has changed that I am now prompted every time for sign in to Adobe Acrobat DC when I want to open a pdf? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines