• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I need it to sign into Acrobat Pro?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I need to install another program just to sign into Acrobat Pro DC?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Work subscriptions probably use volume licenses, and may be different to the retail stuff I'm used to. Follow work's instructions if there are any.  But anyway, because it's a subscription, it isn't a "connect once and check the serial number" thing. Instead, the subscription belongs to your Adobe ID. You have to be logged on with that Adobe ID whenever you use the software. Also, around monthly it will need to connect to Adobe and check your license is still valid. So, you probably do need all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Moving this query to Installing, Updating, & Subscribing to Acrobat​ community for quick and better help)

Hi Ronaldp31195170,

As you have mentioned you would like to activate and deactivate Acrobat DC from within the app and would not want to download the Creative Cloud desktop app to do so.

You can do the same from with in your Acrobat DC application, to know how you can activate it or sign in to it see: Convert Acrobat Pro DC trial to a full license.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question was poorly worded, I am sorry for the confusion.

I need to sign into the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and when I tried to, it required me to download and install the creative cloud application.  My question is: why do I need to install the creative cloud application to sign into Acrobat Pro DC?

I do not have a trial version of pro DC so I am not sure why you included a link to convert from trial to full license.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install the software it will be a trial until you enter your serial number or license info. Hence, converting from trial to full license is EXACTLY what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't know why I am required to have creative cloud.  Is there a reason for the program?

As for trial to full license, where and how do I do that?  When I look in manage account for creative cloud, it takes me to the adobe website that says nothing about any of my software being a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone's software is a trial until they license it. Unless they had a trial already.

And if Adobe say you need Creative Cloud to manage licensing (you didn't used to, but maybe they changed it) then why not just believe them and do what they say? I think you have a specific objection, but what is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure creative cloud manages licenses.  Does it?

Even if the first time I install it I have paid for the license it is a trial?  I am sure I am missing something.  I have a paid full license of Acrobat Pro DC.  I noticed I was logged out for some reason.  When I tried to log in, I was required to download and install Creative cloud on my computer.  When I logged into that, I received no type of notification to enter a SN, license number or anything related to it being a trial version.  This is the first time I remember installing Creative cloud.

My work's IT group runs multiple VPN, virus and other security protocols in the background on my machine, my job requires me to run multiple CAD programs that are required to have processes running in the background, my computer's maker requires multiple background processes to run and now Acrobat requires a program to be running in the back ground too.  I do not want anything else taking my computers resources.

I installed creative could, logged in, changed the preferences to do nothing automatically and then shut it down.  Hopefully it will not cause any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give a more accurate answer, do you have a subscription or a permanent license? (Only permanent licenses get serial numbers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a subscription through work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work subscriptions probably use volume licenses, and may be different to the retail stuff I'm used to. Follow work's instructions if there are any.  But anyway, because it's a subscription, it isn't a "connect once and check the serial number" thing. Instead, the subscription belongs to your Adobe ID. You have to be logged on with that Adobe ID whenever you use the software. Also, around monthly it will need to connect to Adobe and check your license is still valid. So, you probably do need all this extra junk.

By the way, just make sure that you didn't download the retail product - you must use the volume license product belonging to your company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't answered my question! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don' have a company. I'm only an indivual trying to read a pdf document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You didn't ask any question, just started shouting at people...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines