Highlighted

Why does acrobat create a prn file instead of printing my document?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the acrobat reader create a prn file instead of printing my document?

The only reason why a .prn file would be produced would be if you have selected the option to print to file.

Go through all the options available from the print dialog and you will likely find a dialog in which there is a print to file option that unintentionally got enabled (with a check mark). Uncheck the option and this problem should go away.

- Dov

TOPICS
Print and prepress, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why does acrobat create a prn file instead of printing my document?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the acrobat reader create a prn file instead of printing my document?

The only reason why a .prn file would be produced would be if you have selected the option to print to file.

Go through all the options available from the print dialog and you will likely find a dialog in which there is a print to file option that unintentionally got enabled (with a check mark). Uncheck the option and this problem should go away.

- Dov

TOPICS
Print and prepress, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2019 2
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to thank you for this answer! So simple, yet has eluded me for months! Gracias!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have print to file selected and it still tries to save as prn it worked fine until 2 days ago I've even unistalled and reinstalled Adobe same thing happens now I can't print anything

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of your Print dialog, and the Advanced box from the Print dialog. Perhaps there is another clue there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this exact same issue. I found the setting at Ctrl+P>Advanced. Here there was a checkbox marked "print to file"... thank you all so much!!!

1to1design_0-1602542591479.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0