Highlighted

Why does my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC PDF document of 78.3Mb keep hiding charactors?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently after the July update of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version: 2020.012.20041, my edited text in my 78.3Mb PDF document appears as photo shows below... a pig Latin crossword puzzle of sorts.  Luckily...?  If I cut and paste the paragraph back into the same text field all the characters of paragraph appear - solving the entire puzzle of missing characters simply... "poof - reappear".  Nice.  Except for the memory leak that is causing this hidden character issue to happen, happens very sporadically on any page, to any text field, at any time as I find out... not nice.  So I cut & paste a couple thousand times, thinking "Okay, I'm done.".  No, no... not done.  In fact, my edited PDF is becoming undone as fast as I can perform the repetitive "cut & paste" routine itself.  As I review my newly saved 337 page PDF document, I see there is a totally new crossword puzzle laid out over 337 pages, different patterns than before.  As a saved PDF document holds true to do since 1993, what you see is what you get on a printed piece of paper or as viewed on a screen.  So, shall I to begin again this closed loop of perpetual "cutting and pasting" of a document that has consumed a better part of 6 months of my life?

A puzzle indeed.A puzzle indeed.

TOPICS
Cancel subscription, Crash or freeze, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why does my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC PDF document of 78.3Mb keep hiding charactors?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently after the July update of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version: 2020.012.20041, my edited text in my 78.3Mb PDF document appears as photo shows below... a pig Latin crossword puzzle of sorts.  Luckily...?  If I cut and paste the paragraph back into the same text field all the characters of paragraph appear - solving the entire puzzle of missing characters simply... "poof - reappear".  Nice.  Except for the memory leak that is causing this hidden character issue to happen, happens very sporadically on any page, to any text field, at any time as I find out... not nice.  So I cut & paste a couple thousand times, thinking "Okay, I'm done.".  No, no... not done.  In fact, my edited PDF is becoming undone as fast as I can perform the repetitive "cut & paste" routine itself.  As I review my newly saved 337 page PDF document, I see there is a totally new crossword puzzle laid out over 337 pages, different patterns than before.  As a saved PDF document holds true to do since 1993, what you see is what you get on a printed piece of paper or as viewed on a screen.  So, shall I to begin again this closed loop of perpetual "cutting and pasting" of a document that has consumed a better part of 6 months of my life?

A puzzle indeed.A puzzle indeed.

TOPICS
Cancel subscription, Crash or freeze, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please share the OS details.

And if possible, can you share the sample file so that we could investigate it further ?

Regards,

Gaurav

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-08-13 155459.jpg

I have my fingers crossed.... but this font-pack that appeared to my attention out of nowhere has lifted my spirits. As so far no crossword puzzles have happened yet.  Even on the original document with the worst cases of utter despair have been “poof – corrected by themselves”.  Thank you Gaurav, I am knocking on my laptop that nothing will change my document again without my consent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0