Highlighted

Why doesn't Acrobat use the CC desktop app for updates?

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a problem as long as I can remember. Acrobat gets an update and when checking in the CC desktop app nothing comes up. But opening the Acrobat program and going to the Help menu and Check for Updates there is an update listed. 

Why is that?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why doesn't Acrobat use the CC desktop app for updates?

Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a problem as long as I can remember. Acrobat gets an update and when checking in the CC desktop app nothing comes up. But opening the Acrobat program and going to the Help menu and Check for Updates there is an update listed. 

Why is that?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the available updates are not showing up in CC desktop application.

Please try the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because Acrobat (Document Cloud) isn't really part of Creative Cloud, it's an add-on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.

@Amal. 

The link you provide has nothing to do with updates for Acrobat, Specifically, not showing up in the CC DTA.

I had had the CC DTA open earier and got 2 updates. One for Audition and one Media Encoder but nothing for Acrobat. I then opened Acrobat DC Pro just on the chance there was updates for it (because this has happened before. IE No updates in the CC DTA but when checking in Acrobat DC (Check For Updates) there was an update and doing it more than once brought more updates) I found there was an update.

And looking at the page from the link in the update dialog box that comes up I find many updates that never show in the CC DTA.

2020-09-29 06_25_15-DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products.png

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

And the specific update.

2020-09-29 06_13_36-20.012.20048 Optional update, Sep 24, 2020 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Produc.png

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuoussep2020qfe....

@JR Boulay 

Acrobat (Document Cloud)?

I never said anything about the Document Cloud system. I am talking, Asking, about Acrobat DC Pro that when I got my All Apps plan Acrobat DC Pro came with it. How can that Not be part of the Creative Cloud system.

I can install it, or Uninstall it, from the CC DTA but IIRC No updates for Acrobat every show up in the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

2020-09-29 06_35_26-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike its predecessors, Acrobat's suffix is an acronym, it is not Roman numerals.
So you're not using Acrobat 600, you're using Acrobat Document Cloud: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/#
😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0