Highlighted

Why is it so hard to handwrite with the drawing tool on a pdf (comment/use drawing tool)

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since classes were moved online, I now must grade tests, quizzes, homework, etc, that are turned in as pdf files. Many times, while teaching online, I also need to write, comment, or draw on a pdf. The university subscribes to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and it is always updating to the latest version.

As far as I understand, the only way to handwrite on a pdf is by going to "Comment" and then using the "Drawing Tool."

But this is so difficult to achieve, either using the mouse or the drawing pad+stylus!! Many times, it just won't start writing. Other times, it just creates a dot and then won't keep writing. There are occasions in which it only starts writing halfway through your first letter or word, and then you need to go back and try to "fill it back, " which it won't let you do for some reason. Other times you are able to write something but then at the end it will automatically erase all of the dots on your i's!!

I have noticed that, as you write (when it let's you do so!), the program will "think" and start smoothing the edges of your handwriting... Why does it do this? Is it trying to convert my handwriting to some type of pre-determined font?

How can I just stop it from trying to change my handwriting, and just have it put on the pdf what it is that I am trying to write??

PS1: I use an XP-PEN DECO01V2 pad

PS2: I use the same set up to handwrite in Paint, Powerpoint, etc., without any issue at all (in the same computers)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is it so hard to handwrite with the drawing tool on a pdf (comment/use drawing tool)

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since classes were moved online, I now must grade tests, quizzes, homework, etc, that are turned in as pdf files. Many times, while teaching online, I also need to write, comment, or draw on a pdf. The university subscribes to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and it is always updating to the latest version.

As far as I understand, the only way to handwrite on a pdf is by going to "Comment" and then using the "Drawing Tool."

But this is so difficult to achieve, either using the mouse or the drawing pad+stylus!! Many times, it just won't start writing. Other times, it just creates a dot and then won't keep writing. There are occasions in which it only starts writing halfway through your first letter or word, and then you need to go back and try to "fill it back, " which it won't let you do for some reason. Other times you are able to write something but then at the end it will automatically erase all of the dots on your i's!!

I have noticed that, as you write (when it let's you do so!), the program will "think" and start smoothing the edges of your handwriting... Why does it do this? Is it trying to convert my handwriting to some type of pre-determined font?

How can I just stop it from trying to change my handwriting, and just have it put on the pdf what it is that I am trying to write??

PS1: I use an XP-PEN DECO01V2 pad

PS2: I use the same set up to handwrite in Paint, Powerpoint, etc., without any issue at all (in the same computers)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0

Have something to add?