• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Adobe Acrobat DC perform these functions for us?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating purchasing  Acrobat but wonder if it will meet our needs……

We have a very large specification text PDF file of 800 pages. We will static stamp various text areas with one of approximately 30 category stamps. Once the document is fully stamped and approved, we need to build for each sub a work flow through all the categories that their type of work requires.   For example, I need to have one sub work flow go from one symbol stamp to another predetermined next stamp in the PDF. This work flow building will be done by staff that understands the subs work and understands the prime specification categories.   For example from page 1 to 34 to 43 to 97 back to 67 then to 103 then to 134 back to 27 and end at 151.

We have a basic requirement that the baseline prime specification pdf that is provided can never be changed. Category stamps might be M1, C4, L6, T3. Each work flow will have its own grouping and order of stamp text sections depending on the sub processes but all adhere to the basic requirements in the general PDF file. Also the prime pdf document must stay together to prove that each sub work flow meets the overall prime specification.   Thank you for your help. 

PS:  If this cannot be all automated, we would at least like to have reports showing where all the category stamps are in the text by page in the 800 page spec PDF.   Another thought is maybe there is another way other than stamps to do this.  Also there is not a key word that can be searched for any of the categories.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that most, if not all of what you've described can be done with scripting in Acrobat. Some more detail needs to be provided to be sure, but Yes, stamps can be used to identify parts of a document.  I've built many applications that use stamps in workflows. Contact me if you are interested in hiring a developer for this task, or if you'd like to learn how to do it yourself. I also provide training. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines