• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WINDOWS 10 Preview for PDF in EXPLORER stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am subscribing to ACROBAT PRO DC. It is fully updated (today).

When I am using WINDOWS 10 Explorer, I see THUMBNAILS of PDFs, properly.

I can NOT see a PDF Preview in the PREVIEW pane of Windows10 Explorer. I can see Previews of JPGs, PNGs, Text, Doc, Docx, Excel.....etc.  The Preivew pane is working (apparently)

I was able to see Preview's of PDFs until recently. I am not sure when it changed. I did not update the operating system (but Windows DOES mess around with itself...so...).

I reinstalled ACROBAT PRO DC. Nothing changed.

I tried an actual contact with Support and the Agent there never even understood the issue, he/she kept trying to tell me how to get "Thumbnails" to display, and THAT has never stopped working.

IS there a fix? Has MS finally broken Acrobat?

Thank you,

jp

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jp

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to see the PDF preview in the preview pane of Windows Explorer

Please try the following preference settings and see if that works:

Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Select  'Enable PDF thumbnail Preview in Windows Exploerer' > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Also please check for any missing /pending updates for Windows and try updating them and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pdf preview in Windows 10 explorer worked perfectly until windows update about 4 weeks ago. Now I get a weird miniature view of pdf which is useless. "Enable pdf preview" was and still is selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro DC twice and no change. This is hugely frustrating. Help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen pic

Screenshot (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a "solution" but you will find a workaround in the last post of this topic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/pdf-desktop-icon-black/m-p/11022967?page=2#M248522

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue and have tried everything that you discribed above. Have they sent you a resolution beyond their posted fix's? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines