Highlighted

Windows Application (64 bit) crashes when using acrobat reader

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using acrobat reader on my windows 64 bit machine. I have an application which crashes if I open pdf within the application. The same error occurred for 32 bit version of the application earlier which i managed to fix by going to EDIT->Preferences->Secutiy (Enhanced)->uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup'. 

Not sure why this error still persists in the 64 bit version of the application. 

View Reliability monitor says "AcrobatReader_dll unloaded".

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows Application (64 bit) crashes when using acrobat reader

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using acrobat reader on my windows 64 bit machine. I have an application which crashes if I open pdf within the application. The same error occurred for 32 bit version of the application earlier which i managed to fix by going to EDIT->Preferences->Secutiy (Enhanced)->uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup'. 

Not sure why this error still persists in the 64 bit version of the application. 

View Reliability monitor says "AcrobatReader_dll unloaded".

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no 64-bit version of Reader for Windows (only Mac), so I'm not sure what you're referring to...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64 bit application is a windows appliction (not acrobat reader) which uses acrobat reader. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

application_crash_reliability_monitor.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0