Highlighted

Windows Cryptographic Service Error- 2148532241

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

My team is having a few issues signing documents via Adobe Acrobat Reader when using their NHS Smartcard, which is our preferred method of signing due to the level of authenicity this provides us. Does anyone have experience with the error code 2148532241 (attached) is this an issue with the certificate itself or the Smartcard reader driver, I can't tell? Our IT department isn't very useful for these type of questions.

Many thanks,

Donna

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows Cryptographic Service Error- 2148532241

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

My team is having a few issues signing documents via Adobe Acrobat Reader when using their NHS Smartcard, which is our preferred method of signing due to the level of authenicity this provides us. Does anyone have experience with the error code 2148532241 (attached) is this an issue with the certificate itself or the Smartcard reader driver, I can't tell? Our IT department isn't very useful for these type of questions.

Many thanks,

Donna

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

We are sorry for the trouble.  As described you are unable to sign the PDF using token device and getting the error ''

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC  you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also, check with your signature device or driver manufacturer for an updated driver and see if that works for you.

For more information please look at the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/key-does-not-exist-error-code-2148073485.html

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

I work in the NHS too, and have exactly the same issue. Did you manage to find a resolution at all?

Many thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0