• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Operating System Issue

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the User uses any Acrobat Program where both W7 OS & W10 OS were used on the same Computer at different times- why wouldn't the Software Program be automatically carried over to the updated OS (free of cost)?  This was not the case for myself.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

I think everyone in this thread has contributed to the best of our knowledge with your particular inquiry.

In my opinion, now that you've explained your situation more clearer, I thought that you meant that you performed an upgrade because you wanted it.

What probably happened was that the Acrobat Pro XI  was never deactivated or uninstalled to begin with. You probably just went ahead and let windows wipe everything off like most windows users do.

I provided all of this information for you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per the description given above, if we understand correcty then you are trying to make Acrobat work with both the OS platforms Win7 and Win10. Is that the case?

If yes, then Acrobat license (Latest) and subscription version, both should work with Win7 and Win10. Let us know what exactly causing trouble?

Questions:

Have you upgraded the OS to Win 10 or using both the versions at once?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at the same time.  When W7 OS was in Business, it worked.  It went out of Business in late JAN. 2020.  After W10 was installed as the new OS, the message kept asking for a Subscription to continue it.  I did not because I previously paid for it.  The original Order placed on the W7 OS was done with a download link w/License Key (but no Serial #). Now, it will not be "carried over" on the current W10 OS.  That is the reason for my "Post".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for your reply, Sir?  Are you in the Office or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++Adding to the discussion,

Go to : https://account.adobe.com/plans

Click on "Manage Plans" and in the next landing page scroll to the section "Activated devices". 

See if you have listed more than one computer device activated under the same subscription. If you do, deactivate the MS Windows 7 machine and leave active the MS windows 10 machine.

Now, my question is that you had a different licensing track using a serial number. I assume this was a classic track of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI ? This licensing method uses a serial number to activate. But if you paid for a subscription -based (continuous release track) of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC , it will activate the product based on the AdobeID that you used to register the product with (the primary email address that this purchase was registered with).

Are you saying that you never uninstalled the older version first?  Was Windows 10 an upgrade that was done on top of MS Windows 7? or did you completely reformatted the drive and installed Windows 10 afresh?

On a side note, There is a way to do the appropriate switch between versions and that means you must uninstall the older product first (completely).  Those are two different licensing methods. And if you didn't do the appropriate switch when you purchased the subscription-based model you'll end up getting this issue. 

That is why AkanchaS is emphasizing in the "subscription version"

Also, a free upgrade of MS Windows 10 from MS Windows 7 has nothing to do with Adobe Acrobat. That is just part of Micrososft's security and mitigation guidance that they pushed for free to migrate all their Windows customer base who were still using version 7  to a more secured platform when Windows 7 reached its End of Support cycle.  The supported operating system being free or not, is completely independent from the programs that you purchase through Adobe.

I would contact Adobe Customer Support directly if I were you. They can help you over the phone or online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The purchase was from a Third Party Vendor on Ebay (via a download Link) whom no longer can be contacted. I still have that License Key # but it would not activate after the W10 OS was installed & the earlier Version of Acrobat X1 Pro was then uninstalled on the upgraded W10 OS (which also was a subscription based Product> like the Acrobat Product on the same Computer).

Is the License Key the same thing as the Serial #?  Since that time when the W7 OS went out of Business (2/22/20), I have been left out in the dark. Awaiting further instructions from you? I can also provide you that License Key # to see if you can activate it on your Computer???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X1 Pro Version was purchased when W7 OS was still in Business & was installed sucessfully 100%.  No problem whatsover!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The W10 OS was installed "afresh" (separately-SUBSCRIPTION) after the W7 OS was wiped off entirely from the Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is that this type of issues should be routed through Adobe Customer service. They will provide you with further guidance on how to proceed .

I would gladly help you but this is a user-to-user Acrobat support forum, I help Adobe customers and users on a voluntary basis.

AkanchaS might be able to route your concern through the appropriate channels, but I suggest you contat customer care too. Here in these forums your problem will not get resolved, specially with licensing and activation issues. 

Adobe Customer Support can take a closer look of your account and also determine if your older product had a legitimate lcense and/or a valid activation serial #.

You will need to have on hand the product key, and proof of purchase when you contact support.

As far as Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is concerned, you don't need a serial number or key to activate this product. You should be able to activate it every time you go online and sign in with your AdobeID amd signing back out to deactivate the entitlements.

Here are a few additional links: 

To contact support : https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Additional reading : https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Fix Invalid or Revoked Serial Numbers: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html?promoid=PC1PQMDQ&mv=other

More reading here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html#access-previous-comput...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-do-we-activate-acrobat-pro-dc-license/td-p/9243694?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not support Acrobat X1 Pro anymore, and that would include both online support as well as telephone support.  Older Programs such as these fit this criteria & I've been up this tree before with Adobe.com (personnally).

We need to go to a Plan 'B' with this issue currently. Reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The W10 OS was installed "afresh" (separately-SUBSCRIPTION) after the W7 OS was wiped off entirely from the Drive." Then of course you wiped out all of your apps - what else could happen? But did not free the license, and this is, to all licensing software, a new, second, computer. You can try installing Acrobat again with the serial number again, from the original disk or download. Be warned that nobody has the rights to sell download software on eBay - you were probably scammed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awaiting your reply again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think everyone in this thread has contributed to the best of our knowledge with your particular inquiry.

In my opinion, now that you've explained your situation more clearer, I thought that you meant that you performed an upgrade because you wanted it.

What probably happened was that the Acrobat Pro XI  was never deactivated or uninstalled to begin with. You probably just went ahead and let windows wipe everything off like most windows users do.

I provided all of this information for you to read in the links above.

You just have to make some time to read and sift through it  in order to  understand which steps of the deactivation process you could've missed; maybe then, and only then,  you can build your case to rebuttle your concerns with Adobe customer care.

You still need your license key or serial number and proof of purchase.

Saying that you bought Acrobat Pro XI  online is not sufficient. You'll need to contact that entity that you said you paid for to download that product and see if this software is legitimate or not. This was already answered and addressed by  Test_Screen_Name.

To back up what Test_Screen_Name observed, Your issue seems to be clearly explained in the paragraph below (I quote from an online article that I am reading): 

"Adobe allows you to transfer your copy of Acrobat to any computer in your business, as long as you also transfer your license and activation. If you don't have an installation CD you can download the software to the new computer, but only if you purchased Acrobat directly from Adobe. "

That said, was your Windows 7 a genuinely validated operating system when you purchased it?

Back in the day MS Windows 7 and Windows XP were not free operating systems (not saying that MS Windows 10 is free either, but  Micrososft did offer the migration to Windows 10 for free, specifically for MS Windows 7 user as part of a security migration strategy that they announced when MS Windows 7 was reaching its End of Life support cycle). 

In addition,  Micrososft used to provide a tool to validate if the licensing of such operating system was genuine or not: Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool .  Did you ever get error messages about your Windows 7 software?

Let's say that you find out that your current operating system and Acrobat software are not compliant; you're in a dead end street. You will get no support unless you purchase the legitimate software. 

So if you did purchased  a legitimate subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (not the classic track that you claim you've purchased in the past from an unkown online vendor), then you should be able to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC with no problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines