With Acrobat Pro DC, I can't protect PDF's from editing anymore, only opening.

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I have a valid Adobe Acrobat Pro DC account, when I try to protect a PDF document with a password against editing (File-Protect using password), I get a message prompting me to "Subscribe to Acrobat DC (Buy Now!)". When I open my file using Acrobat Pro DC, the only option to prodect my document is from opening, not editing. Isn't "Acrobat Pro DC" suppposed to be superior to "Acrobat DC" and offer more options, not less? Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try File > Properties -- then Security tab.

Bear aware that Edit passwords are almost worthless, because so many apps just ignore them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure you're opening the file in Adobe Acrobat DC and not Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines