• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word redline disappears upon conversion

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a word doc that is redlined. I save it as a pdf. However, the redlined items don't show up in the pdf. This used to work for me. Is there a setting I am missing?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

In the Word .docx, go to File> Save to Adobe PDF > Options > and uncheck Convert Comments. Addtionally this setting does not hold you will have to go and uncheck this box each time you wish to convert a Word .docx with redlines and comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "redlined" do you mean the results of Word's internal Spell-Checker? I don't believe they were ever a part of the exported file when you convert it from Word to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a compare in word. The compare function in word compares two word documents and produces a redline of all the differences between the two documents. However, when I try to turn that compare version into a pdf, all the redlined differences between the two word documents just disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you converting the Word file to PDF, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In word, clicking on File, then clicking on Save as Adobe PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an internal Word function. If you have Acrobat you should use the

PDF Maker plugin (via the Acrobat ribbon) or the Adobe PDF virtual printer,

if you're on a Windows machine.

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 at 00:20, kevinr69346125 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to be able to convert Word redlines (compare docs) to Adobe, no longer works.  The only solution I found is to right click in directory on saved Word redline doc and say "Open with Adobe Acrobat" and then save as a pdf, then the red-line comments stay in text on pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. If you "print to PDF" the redline shows. There's probably a better solution, but this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able from the Word doc with redlines to do File/Export and Create Adobe PDF and the redlines were preserved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops cancel that!  It showed up on my screen but when I tried to save the PDF I got an error.  Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Word .docx, go to File> Save to Adobe PDF > Options > and uncheck Convert Comments. Addtionally this setting does not hold you will have to go and uncheck this box each time you wish to convert a Word .docx with redlines and comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines