Highlighted

Word--to-PDF, corrupt headers - only when "Title" Word style is added as a bookmark (Level 1)

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All, 

I have a Word file that I convert to PDF. Before I got Acrobat DC installed on my computer, I was using Word's native PDF converter. Now, I  just recently got Acrobat DC installed and this allows me to create bookmarks in my PDF. However, if I add the "Title" style from my Word doc (which is inserted in the Document Title variable), which is also the name of my document and is referenced in the Headers (sytleREF), then the headers get a 3-char prefix added to them. 

On the cover page, the title comes out fine in the PDF. Also the PDF bookmarks come out fine. Only my headers - that ref this "Title" are corrupt - they include a 3-char code in them (19B).

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how to solve this problem? 
Thanks 

Orly 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Word--to-PDF, corrupt headers - only when "Title" Word style is added as a bookmark (Level 1)

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All, 

I have a Word file that I convert to PDF. Before I got Acrobat DC installed on my computer, I was using Word's native PDF converter. Now, I  just recently got Acrobat DC installed and this allows me to create bookmarks in my PDF. However, if I add the "Title" style from my Word doc (which is inserted in the Document Title variable), which is also the name of my document and is referenced in the Headers (sytleREF), then the headers get a 3-char prefix added to them. 

On the cover page, the title comes out fine in the PDF. Also the PDF bookmarks come out fine. Only my headers - that ref this "Title" are corrupt - they include a 3-char code in them (19B).

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how to solve this problem? 
Thanks 

Orly 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us with this problem. From what you discussed above, we get that your file is named as Title.pdf but you are seeing "19B Title" in the header section while opening file. Is this correct?

If yes, can you check the document properties of the doc you are using? The path to reach there is:

1)Open doc in Acrobat DC > Go to file >Properties.

2)Check the title displayed under "Description tab". Does it contain 19B?

There is Global preference setting as well through which you will always see the file's name as title of document on application.

You can set this through:

1) Go to Edit in top menu bar > Preferences or press Clt+K.

2) Go to Documents Categories in left side panel.

3) Within Open Settings section, there is a checkbox showing:

"Always use filename as document title".

Check this one.

4) Click OK

Let us know about your observation.

Thanks

Shreya

(shrebhat@adobe.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Orly5CA7 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Shreya, 

Thanks for your response. 

The Document Properties are empty, since I generate the PDF with all the document properties (i.e. all the metadata) turned off. 

The solution to my problem was to highlight the entire Word document and remove all paragraph and character style overrides.

I hope this solution lasts. 

Thanks, 

Orly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0