Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word2010 form to PDF - check boxes aren't recognized by Acrobat 10

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellows!

I've encountered a weird problem - when converting a form created in Word 2010 to PDF and running the field auto-detection wizard in Acrobat 10, the check boxes originally created in Word are recognized by Acrobat as text fields and not controls. Tried replacing the word 2010 check box with a "legacy" check box - no difference. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!!!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should.

Another option is to use OpenOffice.org Writer or Libre Office Writer. You can add the form field objects in the program with their properties nd then export the form to PDF and the form fields and settings  will transfer to the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raigovind93 can you walk through the steps to your solution?

<<This issue is Word's default style for Special is set to 2-fmButtonEffectSunken. Adobe has a hard time deciphering that. So all you have to do is set the style to fmButtonEffectFlat. Then Adobe seems to pick up the check boxes like a charm. So yea, no need to rely on Wingdings or some fancy square box shapes.>>

Where do I locate the style for a checkbox so that I can follow your instructions?

I have a series of questions with checkboxes for yes, no, I don't know - I've used the Word special character, removed the space before the text (one of the earlier suggestions was Acrobat will recognize the box NEXT to text). I really need to stay in Word and Acrobat for my solution so that others without access to other apps can handle updates etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Word Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat DC (ver 2019.012), and I am having similar problem as back in 2013 - when converting a form created in Word 365 to PDF and running the field auto-detection wizard in Acrobat Pro DC, the check boxes originally created in Word are not  even recognized by Acrobat as check boxes. I tried both Wingdings check boxes and Word check boxes, and I used 14 font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fields detection wizard is very fickle. If you want consistent results you need to use a script, like the one I linked to above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines