• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workability of ACROBAT PRO 2017: STUDENT AND TEACHER EDITION - WINDOWS

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering buying on eBay unopened ACROBAT PRO 2017: STUDENT AND TEACHER EDITION – WINDOWS to replace my old Acrobat Professional 8.  Can I run Pro 2017 without having to use cloud services or subscribe to Adobe?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Student product cannot legally be transferred. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DON'T! In the best-case scenario you'll get an illegal software that you can't register, and in the worst-case scenario you'll be infected with malware or even ransomware. And either way you would have spent your money for nothing.

If you want to buy a non-subscription version of Acrobat you can (still) do it directly from Adobe, by following these instructions I've compiled (since they do their best to hide it, it seems):

Go to the Adobe Products Page (https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html) and sort the products by name.
Click on the Buy button next to Acrobat Pro 2017, and then change the "I want to buy" option to "Full License" (or "License Upgrade" if you have a qualifying earlier version).
Then select the other options and click on Add To Cart, and proceed to checkout. You'll get a full license, not a time-based subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million! The standard version of Acrobat 2017 is still $300. Is
there a lower cost option that would still enable me to highlight text,
circle, tag, and mark up pdf's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Reader can do that, and it's free.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines