Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working together online on one PDF

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In our team, we all have Adobe Acrobat installed on our computer. Now, however, we would like to work online on one and the same PDF. Is this possible with the existing licence of Adobe Acrobat or is it necessary to buy an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC licence? 

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean, work at the same time, seeing changes on the other computer? No it is not possible with any software, from Adobe or anyone else. Try Google Docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC it is possible to track changes made by teammates in a PDF in real time. But I'm not sure if I need to buy a team licence of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - or if this feature is already available with the normal Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it seem to you that Acrobat can do this? Please post a link or discussion. Adobe do add things all the time, but this is a pretty big thing for me to have missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding of the information I read here. I'm sorry the link is in German...

https://acrobat.adobe.com/ch/de/acrobat/how-to/share-pdf-online.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you need a license for each PERSON even if they share one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the Share and Review online feature does allow a file to be put on Adobe's web site for review. It cannot be edited, but multiple people can use review. 

So, you ask "Adobe Acrobat or is it necessary to buy an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC licence? " -- what is the "Adobe Acrobat" your users each have today? Acrobat Pro DC? Acrobat Standard DC? Acrobat Reader DC? Older version? Perpetual license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the file cannot be edited online? That would be the key element we need (Google Docs - Lumin PDF doesn't work as well as Adobe). It seems that we are already using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2021.001.20142.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "editing"? If you mean text-editing this is a bad idea even for a single person, because it is so much more difficult and unreliable than Word or Google Docs.

But if you have Acrobat Pro DC already you can try it for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes exactly, we need Adobe for editing text in magazines that are already in layout. And if we could centralise that, it would save us some work steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to use the same production method as the people doing layout. However, if you want to COMMUNICATE corrections back to the typesetters, then comments are ideal - designed for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright I will see if we can all switch from the desktop version to the online version from Adobe Acrobat DC 🙂 Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines