Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong page size

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I want to reduce the page size of a file (124 x 84 mm) and therefore I use the Aodbe PDF printer where I declaim a custom size of 124 mm x 84 mm paper. After generating the PDF, in the main window the size of 124 x 84 mm is displayed well but if I go to the prepress tool, the size of the cropping area is 123.83 mm x 83.96 mm this which poses finishing problems after printing.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Regards,

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process dates back to the last century and it is destructive for files, especially those intended for print production. This document explains why you should never do this :

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:68be905e-5698-4cd4-9a87-61e7ab9ba3fe

If you used the Acrobat Pro tools that are designed for this purpose you would avoid this problem.

Capture_373.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am agree, but I work with a VDP software which relies on Adobe Acrobat DLL.So I have exactly the same phenomenon that I wanted to check with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what a is "VDP software" but you should re-evaluate your tools and processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally concur with @JR Boulay on this. Never refry a PDF file. It is exceptionally “lossy” and generally will not accomplish what you think it will do.

The paper pointed to is one that I collaborated with Leonard Rosenthol in preparing. It is at least as relevant now as it was 13 years ago when it was first published! 

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines