• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You can only upgrade Acrobat once?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we currently have perpetual licensing for our Acrobat Pro products version 2017.

These were upgraded from 2015, and I want to now upgrade them to 2020. I have been told by my vendor that this isnt possible, as they were already upgraded. You cant upgrade again.

I find this hard to belive, I have been upgrading microsoft products since Office 97 and Windows NT!

Has anyone had any experience with this?

I did get an Adobe accounts manager try and strong arm me to go to Subscription 12 months back, but we have various reasons as to why perpetual is better for us. But it seems the whole company is trying to strong arm perpetual users to subscription.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You certainly can upgrade from Acrobat 2017 to Acrobat 2020. It makes absolutely no difference whether your Acrobat 2017 was an upgrade from Acrobat 2015 or not.

I'm sorry that any Adobe Accounts Manager tried to bamboozle you into a subscription you don't want.

You can purchase an upgrade from Acrobat Pro 2017 or Acrobat Standard 2017 online directly from Adobe at https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?types=pf_252Fdesktop&types=pf_252Fmobile&types=pf_252Fweb#sort=alphabetical clicking

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't "upgrade again". What you upgrade is not the Acrobat 2015 product again, but the new Acrobat 2017 product you got last time. Don't mention the Acrobat 2015 product, it's going to confuse the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly can upgrade from Acrobat 2017 to Acrobat 2020. It makes absolutely no difference whether your Acrobat 2017 was an upgrade from Acrobat 2015 or not.

I'm sorry that any Adobe Accounts Manager tried to bamboozle you into a subscription you don't want.

You can purchase an upgrade from Acrobat Pro 2017 or Acrobat Standard 2017 online directly from Adobe at https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?types=pf_252Fdesktop&types=pf_252Fmobile&types=pf_252Fwe... clicking the appropriate product, either Acrobat Pro 2020 or Acrobat Standard 2020 and indicating in the drop down box that you need a license upgrade as opposed to a full license. In either day, simply indicate you are upgrading from Acrobat 2017.

Note that to install the Acrobat 2020, you will need the serial number for your Acrobat 2017 version as well as the serial number for the Acrobat 2020 version that you will receive.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies and confirmation. I've had a terrible time with whoever our Adobe sales manager was. Even threatening legal action because we installed Acrobat on our Remote Desktop server, whcih to them consititutes us needing some kind of automation license which was in the tens of thousands of dollars when there was no automation going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines