Highlighted

You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer add passwords to my PDFs that have e-signatures, and I have no idea why this changed - I've been following the same process for a long time, but about a week ago I get this message everytime I try to add a password:  You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified.

I have tried multiple workarounds with no solution, including saving as other formats, etc. but no solutions have worked. I end up with "bad parameters" error message usually.

I need to fix this urgently as I can't share the forms without passwords, and would also love to know why/how this suddenly changed. Thank you in advance for any solutions!!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer add passwords to my PDFs that have e-signatures, and I have no idea why this changed - I've been following the same process for a long time, but about a week ago I get this message everytime I try to add a password:  You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified.

I have tried multiple workarounds with no solution, including saving as other formats, etc. but no solutions have worked. I end up with "bad parameters" error message usually.

I need to fix this urgently as I can't share the forms without passwords, and would also love to know why/how this suddenly changed. Thank you in advance for any solutions!!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must set a password before signing. Signing (with a certificate, not a stamp) is FINAL. Do not do anything after signing, especially converting to other formats, these all destroy the signature leaving a worthless stamp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but the signature is coming from a different platform (SignNow) not from Adobe. And the way I've been doing it was working great for many months, this only started about 2 weeks ago and I didn't change a thing - so I don't know how it started happening, or how I can fix it.

I can not add a password in the SignNow platform before the form gets sent out for signature. I can only download a copy and then open in Adobe to add the password, which is what I have always done.

Any thoughts on how I can make it go back to how it was before?

Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe SignNow has changed? You should probably ask them about your proposed use. If it is a DIGITAL (certificate) signature, then it is absolutely wrong to allow password setting. If it's a STAMP signature, no problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
snazzy23 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, didn't even think it could be on their end... thank you so much. I'll follow-up. I also am not learned in the types of signatures, so thank you for bringing to my attention as well. More learning!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0