• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC on w2012 R2 Terminal Server- garbage print when printing PDF files from Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Detailed information about the problem experienced by one of our customers is below;

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version "2020.009.20063" is installed on Windows 2012 R2 Terminal server. It works fine with HP Universal PCL 6.5 Driver.

However, there was a vulnerability in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC "2020.009.20063" version and Acrobat Reader DC version "2020.013.20064" was installed and problems started. Some PDF files are problematic as attached.

Adobe reader.jpg

I have tried the following;
* I have installed Universal Driver v7.0. It didn't work.
* I was able to install Foxit Reader on the terminal server and output the same PDL file without any problem. However, the institution does not want to go outside Adobe.
* When we try it from a PC with Windows 10 and the new Adobe Acrobat Reader DC "2020.013.20064" installed, the same PDF files come out without any problems.
* I have installed HP Universal PS v7.0 driver on W2012 R2 Server. I got printouts without any problems. However, I could not implement it, as we could have other problems that we do not know. Until now, the PCL driver was always used.

The same problem happened about a year ago and we fixed the problem by installing the newest Acrobat Reader at that time. Now we have the same problem again with the newest version.
There is an inconsistency between the terminal server and Acrobat Reader versions.

How we can solve this problem? Best regards.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?