• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Cloud share will no longer notify you when files are viewed starting with August feature sunse

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received notification on Monday July 5th (end of a holiday week end when many might miss the email) that when you share a PDF file via Adobe Cloud Share and the recipient clicks the link to view the file, the click will no longer be tracked and no notification will be sent to you, the sender.

The two benefits of Adobe Cloud share are:

1. Sharing without sending the PDF attachment

2. Notification

I don't understand why Adobe would remove this feature.  They state that it is due to 'low use.'  I think that Adobe is guaranteeing even lower use.   Adobe Cloud share is more efficient that other methods but perhaps it is due to competition from Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. and the cost that Adobe is incurring of many terabytes of storage?  Trying hard to understand this one.

See the post from Adobe here with all of the features removals:

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/kb/removed-features.html?trackingid=LVC1T2XT&mv=email

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is because of the integration of Adobe Sign in Adobe Acrobat, which already tracks and notifies the sender of the status of a contract when it is sent out to other recipients for review and signatures... but I may be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just clarifying - this is not an overlap with Adobe Sign. If one wants to share a document for review, they may not be using Adobe Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True.

I missed to add that, maybe this change is in part because most of the features that users expect to fully work or in the Document Cloud, are non existent or partially implemented.

For example, there is no ability for users to share an entire folder for commenting and reviewing  with multiple files in it, unless you share a file at a time, not multiple files.

But in the Creative Cloud, all of these features are fully implemented and easier to follow, both online via web browser or directly through the CC Desktop app.

See here:

Maybe they're moving the customer base to an all Creative Cloud space environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out.

To your question about why Adobe making these changes:

• As part of our cycle of innovation, we sometimes discontinue a service so we can focus on delivering new and upgraded software and services.
• These low-use features are required to be deprecated to enable future enhancements around end-user productivity, security, services configurability, and collaboration in the coming year.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I'm going to be more assertive in my reply because I like this feature in Adobe's Cloud infrastructure and I want to be helpful.   I don't think you understand my point. So don't take offense when I say the below:

"...These low-use features are required to be deprecated..."

This sounds so robotic.  What do actual human users think?  

Sometimes I think 'low use' is not a reason to remove it but a reason to educate users.  Here are two points:

1. PDF files are transmitted globally causing increased storage requirements on every mail server in the world.  

2. By using links in Adobe Cloud Share bloated attached emails can be avoided and users get a notification when the recipient views the PDF file int he could.  This is efficient and also avoided confidential PDF files remaining in attachments and clogging up local or remote / cloud drives storage for email servers, etc.  

If Adobe removes the notification feature, I would likely just switch to Microsoft OneDrive which also lets me share links.  All of our working data is in MS OneDrive.  

We use Adobe Cloud for the business use case I described. Without the notification feature of the recipient, we have no differentiating benefit or reason to ever use Adobe Cloud again.  (*UNLESS* Adobe can articulate better what the vague reference is to 'new features.'

Can you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources