• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Document Cloud add-in for Outlook creates problems and no longer works correctly. It arrives to freeze and send in crah Outlook.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Adobe Docment Cloud add-in for Outlook creates problems and no longer works correctly.

It arrives to freeze and send in crah Outlook so that it is necessary to reboot the PC because once closed Outlook it is not able to start

Even Acrobat is creating some problems with the freezing of the program screen that I have to stop with the Task Manager

I tried to repair the installation but I did not solve it.

I have problems for a few days even with Creative Cloud that continues to ask to repair the installation, everything seems to be resolved but promptly reappears the warning window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Hi Akanchha,

I have solved the problem.

I thought it could be a problem with the new service provider. I tried the connection with the old service provider and everything worked correctly. From an audit I found out that the new service provider after two months of regular operation no longer allowed me to access adobe cloud. I reported the problem to the support service and he solved it, I do not know what he did and why the connection to the cloud no longer worked after two months of regular oper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Augdalmo,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

As mentioned, that you have already tried repairing  the installation, but it didn't make any difference and neither improved the performance.

You may follow the troubleshooting steps suggested below-

Let us know the result on it.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I have the latest release of acrobat 19.010.20069 installed, as you suggest I have seen that a new release will be available today February 12. I hope it will, because Acrobat crashes at a simple click!

I have another big problem with Creative cloud. The app warn me that is needed a reinstall of the app but after a successful installation regularly a new warning massage alert that there is a problem and try to download and reinstall the app.

Regards,

Augdalmo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akki

I have installed the latest update for Acrobat that was released yesterday but it doesn’t solve the crash problem on Outlook and also a very sluggish behavior or freeze on Acrobat.

You have sent me a link for Acrobat Cleaner but it’s not suitable in may case because I have a Creative Cloud  Suite ad Acrobat is a part of it. Please give me further instruction to proceed.

I need to solve that problem as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

Augudalmo

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Augudalmo,

This is sad to hear that it still didn't fix the issue for you. Hoping that you have tried the steps suggested in help article given in very first step above?

You may please share the exact version of OS and MS Outlook?

In mean while we would like you to try few more troubleshooting steps to get the root cause of the problem.

1. Please create an hidden admin account following the instructions below and run the application (Acrobat separately and using Outlook).
  • Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
  • Type: net user administrator /active:yes
  • Press “Enter“.
  • Replace “yes” with “no” to disable the admin account on the welcome screen.

As asked above, cleaner tool for Acrobat would only remove the Acrobat DC from your system. It should work for you even if you have it through creative cloud subscription.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I have solved the problem.

I thought it could be a problem with the new service provider. I tried the connection with the old service provider and everything worked correctly. From an audit I found out that the new service provider after two months of regular operation no longer allowed me to access adobe cloud. I reported the problem to the support service and he solved it, I do not know what he did and why the connection to the cloud no longer worked after two months of regular operation.

I have a dynamic IP and the technician wanted me to switch to a static IP to solve the problem but I refused. Now however it works with dynamic IP.

Thanks

Augdalmo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Augdalmo,

Glad to hear its working for you now. I really appreciate your efforts here.

Thanks for taking out time and sharing your findings.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for posting to an old thread but this could help more people as it seems to be a common problem.

We have recelty installed Adobe DC pro and have been having problems with our outlook Add-in too. Every time we tried to reply to an email outlook would hang and show the not responding warning. We found that if we left it alone for approximately 5 minutes it would start working and allow us to reply but this was happening almost everytime we tried to reply to an email and it was unworkable.

This fix may not be possible for everyone, especially those of you that use the cloud feature, if you don' follow the instructions below.

While in Outlook, go to: File > Options > Add-ins, Select 'Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin', Click Go

This opens the COM Add-ins box:

Remove the tick from 'Adobe Document Cloud for Microsoft Outlook - Acrobat', Click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea but I also need to be able to use the Adobe Cloud to send send large files occasionally and this takes away that functionality.  Interesting as the problem has only just surfaced after what looks like a recent Windows update that has been on the system long enough nt to be able to roll-back the update.  Whoever suggested a timelimit on roll-backs?! 

Since this update I keep getting comments from Outlook (2010) that the 'Adobe Document Cloud add-in' has caused problems and has been disabled.  After this Outlook works fine and allows me to compose and send mail.  When I recheck the box for the Cloud Service it starts to hang after only a few keystrokes when creatng a message then crashes and restarts Outlook.  This happens every time I try when the add-in is selected but not when it is disabled.  Mind you the PC is now running really, really slow so it may well be something else as well but taking the Acrobat Document Cloud add-in offline solves this one issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I have been looking for a way to get rid of that line asking if we wanted to send a cloud link rather than the document itself.  We never use it, and neither Outlook nor Adobe online help was... well, any help.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources