Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader document cloud not working in a non-English version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I struggled with opening my document cloud files, that I have uploaded from my iPad, on my MacBook. I have finally figured it out but it is very weird. You need to change the programme`s language to English to make the document cloud option visible. If I turn it back to Czech, which is what I would prefer, it disappears. Also, the only way to change Adobe`s language is to change the whole system`s language as in the Adobe settings, language can only be set to system language (the scrolling down function doesn`t work and it cannot be helped by downloading the Adobe Reader specifically in the Czech language). Still only able to set the language as a function of the system language.

Is this on purpose? I hope not, anyway I have reported it as a bug but still would appreciate any ideas and also making this more known here.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can access the files in a browser: files.acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, thanks However, that is super inefficient, I would like to have the same functionality across different language versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working in the English and German version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you. It worked for me on Windows in a previous version but doesn't work on Mac now in the current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I've just installed a Russian version of Acrobat Reader DC and could not get access to my PDFs in the Document Cloud. Yes, I got access from a browser, but my intention was to access docs from the reader. I watched the video from Adobe help page - there must be the access to the Document Cloud from the reader! At last, I switched to English and I immediately got the access without any other actions. This looks like to be either a bug or an intended limitation for non-english speaking users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe just that it's not really non-English speakers in general but the markets where they want to get some additional revenue this way.

Anyway, you're able to set a language which is different from your current system language? I have to change the system (Mac's) language to get a language change in Adobe...

Also, do the Adobe people read these? Would be nice to learn what the real cause is...

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr. Mike Mino,

For Some of the languages we do not support Document Cloud Services, and Czech is one of them.

I will add this request as a user requirement and share it with our senior management to take the decision around this feature request.

Also there is no other way to change Adobe Reader's language without changing the current system language on Mac.

Thanks & Regards,

Vimal Dobhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but tell me please why?! Is is it the same with Adobe for Windows? Also, why the language cannot be changed?

I hope this gets improved, because even as we appreciate it as a free service, it gets you a very very bad publicity especially in the midst of the scandal of the lower quality of services in Central and Eastern Europe in general as compared to the West.

Yours,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include Russian language also. Mobile application for iOS operates properly, all DC files are available in spite it was downloaded from Russian Appstore. Top-convenient Adobe Scan becomes completely useless without Document Cloud access, kindly ask you to allow DC use at other reader languages than English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi дмитрийк,

We appreciate your feedback on this.

You may fill the feature request form for the same over here:  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources