• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I missing something or is Adobe's cloud collaboration about as basic as it can get?

Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am desperately trying to find an OS agnostic collaboration tool. Google Docs is utterly useless because it only supports view only for PDF documents and conversion to Gdoc format is severely limited to the first million characters (usually less than 20 pages).

After wasting several hours with Google Docs, I thought I would see what Adobe's CC could do... but it appears that the collaboration capability is limited to posting a 1000 character comment in the right-side Activity column. Worse, these comments don't even align to a particular page in the document. This isn't a problem for a small document with a few comments but will because unmanageable for large documents with 100's of comments.

Seriously, either I haven't figured out how to unlock advanced features or this is a very poorly designed collaboration tool.

Thank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option might be using Adobe Acrobat online. You can do per-page commenting of PDF files.

Create, Export, Merge, Edit and Protect PDF Files | Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my point being that I am already paying $600 per year (or like buying the entire suite NEW about every four years) for the CC services... and THIS is all I get?

I can't even use some of the 50GB allotted to me for the Adobe Acrobat Shared Review web server folder.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your reply.

Since you are staff... could you tell me what kind of Web Server folder is accepted by Adobe Acrobat. I've trying my own personal webserver (a folder with full permissions), Google Docs folder, Adobe's CC... everything I tried, resulted in the error, "The Shared Folder Location provided is not valid. Click OK and check the Status field for more information". I don't even know where the "Status field" is located.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have moved the post over to the Acrobat.com forum. They will be able to help answer your questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi shawninvancouver

Try out https://pageproof.com – it's a very simple, smart online proofing tool that lets you review PDFs, artwork, imagery etc with any number of reviewers. Reviewers add feedback directly on your work with pin-point precision.

There is a free Adobe add-on for InDesign/Photoshop/InCopy and Illustrator which lets you send out proofs directly from those Adobe CC apps too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources