• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Acrobat Portfolios files supported in Adobe Document Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently started using Adobe Document Cloud with SharePoint Online.  Regular PDF files open fine but if any user uploads a PDF Portfolio file they see the error/warning message below.  The users have Acrobat DC licenses and can login to Document Cloud, but the Portfolios still don't open.

Can anyone confirm if Portfolio's are supported or not?  Thanks

PDF Portfolio Message.png

TOPICS
Combine files , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Hello nillac,

At this time, PDF Portfolios are not supported within the PDF Web Viewer. In order to view, you will need to download the PDF and open it in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

Optionally, you can also open documents directly from SharePoint: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/access-sharepoint-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does they open the file in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they open the file in a browser using Adobe Document Cloud and then add comments.  Document Cloud lets them do that and save directly back to SharePoint Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello nillac,

At this time, PDF Portfolios are not supported within the PDF Web Viewer. In order to view, you will need to download the PDF and open it in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

Optionally, you can also open documents directly from SharePoint: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/access-sharepoint-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I don't suppose you have a link to an Adobe FAQ that states that Portfolio files are not supported? Looking for something I can show the project team so we can move on.

I think the link you included is valid for SharePoint on-premise environments, with SharePoint Online it doesn't have the same integration as it used to with on premise versions - that's why we've been using Document Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nillac,

I don't have a reference to a blog or FAQ that states that directly, but I will provide that feedback to the product team. I work for Adobe and I am part of the Technical Marketing team for Adobe Document Cloud.

As for the SharePoint on-premise vs. Online, it actually doesn't make a difference. If you are using SharePoint Online, you can put in the URL to the SharePoint Online site and it will allow you to navigate and check in / out documents from your SharePoint Online site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.  One last question, if portfolios aren't currently supported, do you have a recommendation on a supported alternative?  I think the files being merged are all PDFs, if that's the case can they just merge them into a single PDF and that will work with Document Cloud - or is there another way to combine files?

Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Are there any updates on the Portfolio issue? We currently have the issue now with opening Portfolio's in SharePoint. Merges seem to work fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources