• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser pdf problem

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues opening PDF files in microsoft edge.

I was viewing pdf on edge with no problem at all until about an hour ago.

I was trying to use google translate to upload a pdf file to see if it will translate. After uploading the file I got the following message: 

"If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document."

Ever since I got that message I am not able to open pdf files on edge or chrome, even with adobe pdf extension installed, which I didn't need prior to this. Like I said I had no issues opening pdf files.

I have tried clearing history/cookies/cache with no luck. I have also reinstalled adobe acrobat. Google chrome was also cleared and reinstalled. I keep getting the same message every time I try to open pdf file.

Downloading them to my computer works no problem, the only reason this is bothering me now is because I know it worked before.

And also, these are regular pdf files, and not xml like I been reading on web while trying to search for a solution.

Please help.

Thanks

TOPICS
Fill and sign , How to , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are having issues opening PDF files in Microsoft's edge and getting the error ''If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document''

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs ? Please try with a different PDF file and check. Also please share the file with us for testing https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Also, web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF contents and they are not Adobe dependant. It is recommended to download the PDF to your computer locally and open it with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC for best experience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources