• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use my fonts in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a subscription for Adobe Acrobat Reader after using the free version. Can I not use my own fonts with this version? I have scoured these forums for over an hour using all the suggestions to try to get my PowerPoints to convert into a PDF with the same fonts, but no luck. Do I need the more expensive version? I have the box under preferences checked for "Use local fonts"and have restarted, etc. The fonts are saved on my computer and I've been using the Adobe Acrobat application on my computer (a Mac). What am I missing?

TOPICS
Create PDF , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What subscription did you buy? Adobe have quite a choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PDF Pack 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, PDF Pack will upload your files to convert them, so it won't have your fonts (unless they happen to be on the Adobe servers). You can try embedding the fonts in the PPT file, and here's how: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/embed-fonts-in-documents-or-presentations-cb3982aa-ea76-4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's helpful. Do you know if a different version of Adobe- like Acrobat Pro - will convert fonts? Or would embedding need to be done for ANY Adobe program? For example, I have Illustrator and the fonts that I've downloaded onto my computer are available for use without embedding, but I realize these are apples and oranges. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ask because I did embed the fonts but now I'm getting a conversion error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need Adobe Acrobat for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources