• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot "Resolve" all comments in PDF

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Acrobat cloud as part of our content review process, but it is proving to be very difficult to rely on as we are only able to mark about 80% of the comments in any given document (PDF) as resolved. 

For example, the latest document had 23 comment in it, which I addressed, and attempted to mark each comment as "Resolved", however 6 of the comments will not update to the "Resolved" state, no matter how many times I click the three dots and select "Resolved".  The comments just sit in an unresolved state and will not update.  In fact, on one comment, I don't even have the option to select "Resolve", it's just not there.

Any ideas?  This is happening on any document and in both Chrome and Safari for Mac.

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you open the file in Acrobat directly, not inside a browser window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the behavior is even more confusing.  The comments that show as unresolved in the browser are somehow marked as resolved in Acrobat, but not labeled as such.  In other words, the comments do not have the unresolved label on them, but when you try to mark them resolved, "Resolve" is grayed out but "Unresolve" is selectable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BradOliver,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing a screen recording showing what does not work? It will help us to investigate it further.

Please confirm if this happens with some particular type of files.

Did you share the PDF or receive it for review?

If possible, would you mind sharing the PDF? 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem!

It's like Acrobat just randomly picks which comments it will resolve and which ones will revert back to unresolved in a couple of minutes. It even does that with some comments that I delete...scrolling past the page and boom, deleted comment has made it's way back in.

Very frustrating and hard to track changes when it won't resolve!

I've had this happen on numerous docs, so it's not like it's just the one doc is having issues.

I don't have any help for you, just a shared frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ilanamcmorran,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

It would be helpful if you could share a small recording of the issue.

Share the current Acrobat and OS versions.

We are investigating this issue, and more information will help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for a response. Having the same problem with Acrobat 2022.003.20258 on Monteray 12.5.1. I shared the PDF. Happens on multiple documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar issues with "resolving" comments. I have several comments which in turn are replied to and all replying comments are linked. When I mark the main comment resolved, the replies are seperated into their own new comments! It makes it very confusing because they look like new issues to deal with and leaves for a messy editing phase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Version: Adobe Acrobat Pro v. 2024.001.20604 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources