• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chase Bank statements are password protected

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I password protect all of my sensitive and financial PDF documents. The downloaded PDF Chase Bank statements are already password protected and can't be modified. To get around this, I print the docs using "Microsoft Print to PDF" option. The new generated doc allows me to a add my password. 

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Export PDF , Manage files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

No question, just a commit. I noticed that there were previous posts about financial statements being password protected. So I shared my "work around" with the protected Chase statements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No question, just a commit. I noticed that there were previous posts about financial statements being password protected. So I shared my "work around" with the protected Chase statements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export my chase pdf statements into excel files, and you just gave me the workaround I was looking for.  Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can save the chase bank statements. However, I am unable to combine statements into one document. It states it is password protected. However, I do not know the password. Even if I save them using the Microsoft Print to PDF, I am unable to merge. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't help you. The bank decided to password-protect the files, which also prevents them from being merged (unless you use a Portfolio). They are not likely to give you the password to allow removing the security policy, as that would defeat the entire purpose of applying it in the first place. It's possible they don't even know it themselves, if it's randomly generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.
I figured that was the case but thought I would check.

Denise Schutt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print it as a PDF and save it. The security is automatically removed and then you can combine them. Did this for my Chase CC statements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print and save work around does not work with these pdf's.  The only one that seems to work is the Microsoft Print to PDF.   The bigger problem I'm having is that it affected all my existing Chase pdf's.  None of my other pdf's have a problem, only Chase's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but did you see what it does to the file size-10x the original bloated download size.  And Portfolio doesn't work without the password......  I need to merge for several accounts for CPA submittal.  I cannot combine by year or extract irrelevant pages to try and get a reasonable file size.  Very frustrating.  At this point I would save time just printing and scanning.  Chase needs to stop the nanny-state control of your own documents.  Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your concern. Fortunately I'm not combining files. I have
various financial institutes that I deal with and Chase is the only one
that is so restrictive. Maybe we'll get lucky in the future. Until then, we
have to continue to jump through hoops.

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work around by open accesible pdf, save and then open again and then save by microsft print to pdf circumvent the password. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem but solved it using "Microsoft Print to PDF" option. Even called Chase and asked how to unprotect and what the password was. Agent I spoke with said they don't password protect the statements, was probably an Adobe problem. LOL! Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are wrong. It's probably done way beyond their pay grade, and even if they knew what the password was, they wouldn't give it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac OS X you can use preview to export the pdf-file to another pdf-file, which removes that password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works perfectly! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, BajaRoy!! Microsoft Print to PDF did the trick!! I appreciate you taking the time to make this post. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a series of Chase bank statements and purchased PDF converter subscription. I then converted them (24 files) to Excel files on 08/22/2023 without issue. Today, 09/27/2023, I downloaded a new statement and got the error that the file was password protected. I then went back and tried to convert some of the files that I previously converted and got the same error message. Another post explained they contacted Chase and they were not password protecting these files. 

I am surprised that Adobe would not have a fix for this or be working on a fix. Before purchasing the Adobe converter, I was copy / paste the statements into Excel and wrote a macro to align / format the columns; hence my own converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not going to get into all of this again (the files are very likely protected, despite what they told you; Adobe will not export data from a protected file), but the real solution to all of this is to ask your bank to provide the data in a spreadsheet, not a PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked like a charm. I had to combine two Chase bank statements and Adobe kept asking me for the password. I worked around with your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One could EXPORT to a JPEG, each Page individually..and deal with them from there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources