• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collaborate with others to complete PDF Form

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have created a form in Acrobat Pro DC. I woud like to be able to share the form with a client and collaborate with the client in completing the form. Ideally, the client would be able to enter information on the form and save it, then I could review and edit the form responses, and we could collaborate until we are both satisfied with all the responses.  While it seems comments can be added to a PDF in the cloud, it does not appear that the form fields of a single PDF at a single link location can be completed and edited.

So, is it possible to collaborate on the completion of a form and form fields in the cloud, or is emailing the form back-and-forth still the most efficient way to complete a form?

Thank you.

I subscribe to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

TOPICS
Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. 

As you have mentioned above, you wish to collaborate with the client to fill up the form. If you need to fill up the form fields in the PDF and review them at the same time, then using the "Add text" feature under the Comment tool can be helpful. You may both use the Add text feature to fill up the form field and then you may review the same. It will in two way.

However, the workflow you are looking for "Collboarting only to fill form" as mentioned above is not possible. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I enable to the "Add text" feature under the Comment tool? The only features that show up on shared PDFs are Add stick note, Highlight text, Underline text, Strikethrough text, and Use drawing tool. I do not see any options to add text.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community - When I share a PDF file with a client via Document Cloud, the only tools available are the following. What am I doing wrong?

ForumName1132_0-1637370405643.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts on how I can enable the "Add text" feature under the Comment tool as you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response and confusion.

When you send the document for review, the Add text tool is not included with the available tools. This is an as-designed behavior. 

The workflow that was described was like you or the client may fill the document and then share it for review to see what changes are required. Then you and the client can mark the changes and once done, you may update the PDF form.

As informed earlier, collaborating only to fill the form is not possible. 

Hope the information helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So it sounds like it is not possible to actually collaborate and the only way for two users in remote locations to review and revise a single form is the old-fashioned, email it back-and-forth method. Thank you for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!

If you wish you may share your suggestion about this with the team via the following form: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources