• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

constantly receiving conversion failed error message

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert simple word documents into pdf documents - possibly the most basic task this software has to do. But recently I keep getting an error message saying the document fails to convert, and this occurs with every single document. Occasionally I can get it to work if I resave the original word document, but to be blunt, I expect it to work first time, every time. What is the problem here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Instead of doing this through Reader, try it here: https://cloud.acrobat.com/  What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dgh59 ,

Please let us know the exact work flow you do to convert word file to PDF.

Share the screenshot of the error message you get.

Also let us know the dot version and OS you are using.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I click on Reader DC in my task bar. Go into Tools, Select Create PDF, Then I select file to convert, Then click on convert file, then wait for file to upload and convert. It's the last step that has come up with the error (but not today!)

I'm using Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Trying to convert Word .docx files. It worked today after closing the machine down and rebooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of doing this through Reader, try it here: https://cloud.acrobat.com/  What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dgh59 wrote:

possibly the most basic task this software has to do.

What software? This is the Reader forum. Reader is even more basic than that (it doesn't convert pdf files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC - cloud based service, converts to/from pdf and a host of other functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the error message - I am trying to export the pdf to a word document and it keeps failing but won't say why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise to me i get the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ireneanna,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the delay in response.

As you have mentioned above, you receive the same error message. Would you mind sharing more details about the issue?

If yes, please provide the following information:

- Are you using the desktop application to convert the files to PDF or Acrobat Online account?

- If you are using a desktop application, share the Acrobat version number.

- Share the screenshot of the error message you receive

- Let us know if you experience this issue with files saved on a particular location. To check that try to create a sample PDF and save it on another location. Then try to convert it to PDF.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources