• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion failure during conversion of larger files only.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am trying to convert JPG to PDF but got a conversion failure for all but the largest file. Had no trouble a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Since Adobe PDF support wasn't very supportive or responsive, I tried something else. I don't know if this will always work, but I resized my images to 300 dpi (they were previously 72 dpi) since the one image which did convert was at 300 dpi, and now the files are converting fine. Maybe this will help somebody else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donnas,

Thanks for sharing the detailed description.

Could you also confirm, how exactly you are getting the conversion done? Is it through the web browser or using desktop application Adobe Reader DC?

For document cloud services there is a limit to the uploaded. It only allows you to upload and convert files that are up to 100 MB.

The files which are failing to upload, are these files larger than 100MB?

If not, and you are still getting the conversion failure then you may try the the troubleshooting steps suggested in the similar discussion-

Re: Conversion Failure

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. No, the files are less than 375 KB. I tried again today, and got the same result. Was able to convert one yesterday. Using the Web Browser version. Purchased the 1-month plan, and am a little concerned because it expires next week and I need to get this work done. The discussion forum is about converting PDF to word or excel files. I am trying to convert JPG to PDF. And I'm using the paid service, not the free one.

Suggestions? Perhaps I could share the file with you and see if you get the same results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe PDF support wasn't very supportive or responsive, I tried something else. I don't know if this will always work, but I resized my images to 300 dpi (they were previously 72 dpi) since the one image which did convert was at 300 dpi, and now the files are converting fine. Maybe this will help somebody else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Donna,

Glad to hear it worked for you and thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps and finding. This would definitely help to the one who are experiencing this problem because of the similar reason.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources