• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion Failure - PDF to Excel

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a conversion failure error when trying to convert a 25M PDF file to Excel.  I have used both the reader and the cloud site.  What gives?  I notice there are several people with the same problem, seemingly unresolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Okay, having just checked the forum, it appears this product sucks.  It doesn't look like anyone gets their issues resolved. Customer support also appears to be of the offshored variety (to save money, I'm sure). I'm *really* unhappy right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, having just checked the forum, it appears this product sucks.  It doesn't look like anyone gets their issues resolved. Customer support also appears to be of the offshored variety (to save money, I'm sure). I'm *really* unhappy right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent 1 hr in running around in a circle via the support chat with an extremely uninformed support person, obviously offshore with absolutely no knowledge of the cloud pdf conversion product and any changes that may have occurred. There most definitely has been a change because I'm no longer able to properly convert the same exact xls file that I have regularly done so for many months.\

After 1 hr:

Me:

you said "This is reason you are not getting the headings."

3:12:45 PM

Me:

What is the reason?

3:13:16 PM

Sahasranshu :

That Adobe export pdf is not supporting that pdf file.

3:14:14 PM

Sahasranshu :

It is file specific issue,

3:14:56 PM

Me

so something changed on the Adobe site. as I've said, I have had ZERO problems for over 8 months doing the same conversion. Same file....

3:16:18 PM

Sahasranshu :

I would like to inform you that on cloud there is no changes has been done.

3:19:32 PM

Sahasranshu :

I would like to inform you that this is expected but conversion on cloud is automatic process we can not do anything manually.

3:24:47 PM

Me:

sorry, what is expected. i don't understand.

Your chat transcript will be sent to loureslaw@gmail.com at the end of your chat.

3:25:57 PM

Sahasranshu :

In Export pdf we can not do any troubelshooting as it is based on cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - totally maddening!  My plan at this point: 1.) call the credit card company and have them refund my subscription; 2.) figure out how to advertise as widely as possible that Adobe blows ass; 3.) give all my business to PDFTables.com - I actually tested the same file with them and it worked perfectly.  Cheaper, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: no need to call credit card company for #1.  I just cancelled my subscription through Adobe online and received full refund.  Now, on to #2 and #3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to convert pdf file to excel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lillian.

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please confirm if you are still experiencing the issue.

If yes, share the following information:

- Let us know what happens when you try to export the file.

- Does the issue occur with all the PDFs?

- Are you using the Acrobat Online account to convert the PDFs or the desktop application?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i am converting a PDF to excel that contains columns of data over many pages. Sometimes the first 4 columns are printed on one page and the last four are printed on the second page. Also, some sets of data are reported as pictures instead of text. Can you please help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you are experiencing issues exporting PDF to Excel, we will require a few details to investigate it further.

Please share a sample PDF and the Excel files it converts to, so we can replicate the behavior. 

Acrobat and the OS version used on your machine.

Check if it happens with other PDFs that you export to Excel.

We will be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources