• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion Failure

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to use Export PDF to convert a PDF document to word,  Each time I try I get conversion failure.

I have tried with several different documents, none of which are more than 500KB.

Colleages within the office are able to use the system.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

You can use the URL to convert the PDF files, but if you are using the free desktop version of Adobe Reader and getting the error message.

Please sign out and sign back in with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader and check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of any updates and see if this makes any difference.

If the issue still persists after the update, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marstonm, In an earlier message you mentioned that the file is a scanned document. At what dpi was the document scanned? A scann must be of sufficient quality before it can be OCRd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. I just acquired another PDF copy of the file and it converted to Word without any problems. So I do not need to convert the other file that was giving problems. I am OK for now.

Thanks again for all the help offered from Adobe. Still don’t know what the problem was.

Marston Meador

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please advise what resolved the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i've cleaned the system, re-downloaded, and even tried the url. It's still not allowing me to convert the PDF to a word document. I've just purchased the system, and this is very frustrating as I need to export this PDF ASAP.

Please let me know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ryang,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, I have checked the records with your current Adobe ID(email) which you have used to sign-in on Adobe forums and found that the Adobe ExportPDF service is inactive and canceled.

There is no active service/subscription with the current Adobe ID and this is the reason you are not able to export the PDF file.

You can check the current plan status through Adobe.com, log in  with your current Adobe ID and password, select Manage Account>Plans and Products. You may also refer to Adobe article Account and membership help

If you have subscribed to  the service with a different Adobe ID(email) then login with the Adobe ID to export the PDF file.

With the current Adobe ID, you won't be able to export the PDF as you don't have any active service.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the Conversion Failure problem.  My subscription is current.  I tried to use the cleaning tool, but got an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marstonm,

Where exactly you are getting the error message? Is it online via web browser https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  or using desktop application Adobe Reader DC?

If you are getting error online then you may use the desktop application Adobe Reader DC https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf and let us know if this makes any difference.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I think the problem is the PDF is a scanned document. Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a conversion issue as well. I have done all the troubleshooting steps listed above, cleaned, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried via the url and the app, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know if this is helpful with this particular question, but my glitch began mid-combining files. After 2 hours of jumping from tech to tech (and having to do other things), and everyone trying different things, including thinking it was "not allowed" restrictions in the documents, my having told the last tech of my suspicious of Adobe having some "number" I'd have to reach to cause the glitch to push me to upgrade, it dawned on him about Cloud space between Pro and the regular pack. Turns out my 20GB was FULL so it couldn't allow for anymore actions! Empty your Cloud storage or delete docs and you SHOULD be able to continue combining PDFs. I'm VERY relieved considering all the work I have to do asap. I hope someone is helped by this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources