• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion to Excel came out scrambled, PDF is in Wide format

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversion of a PDF to a Excel file have not recognized that the original is in a Wide format and the Excel file is useless. How to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Hello Jrzyk,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the formatting is not getting recognized when you convert a PDF file to Excel, Is that correct?

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

You may also refer to the following KB docs which discuss the similar issue and scenario File conversion error | ExportPDF

Converting PDF to Excel and Retain Formatting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jrzyk,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the formatting is not getting recognized when you convert a PDF file to Excel, Is that correct?

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

You may also refer to the following KB docs which discuss the similar issue and scenario File conversion error | ExportPDF

Converting PDF to Excel and Retain Formatting

I need to convert PDF to Excel, however, columns and tabs make many merged cells and many blank colu...

Have you tried exporting any other PDF file to Excel? Is it specific to one PDF or with all the PDF?

Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end, to share the PDF file use Adobe Send feature, upload the PDF file and share the link to PDF via private message only How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes, and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a link to my file:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try three conversions, one of them that had portrait orientation came

fine, The other two with Wide orientations your converter attempted to

break into two separate pages or scrambled image all together , there were

no setting options to instruct converter that original is in wide.

I used your advice to convert the file to Word first and now I see how convoluted the original document is, no wonder. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources