• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF A to Word return (mostly) garbage

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload a PDF-A file to Document Cloud for conversion to Word, but the Word document returned is mostly garbage.

Not very helpful conversion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Briana,

If I understand correctly, you have been doing the conversion through "Export PDF" service? And does this happen with all the pdf files you convert to PDF?

Have you tried via Adobe Reader DC desktop application? If not, then install the Adobe Reader DC desktop app and try the conversion through that- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions 

The conversion result of  a pdf document always depends on the pdf file you have started with. You may go through the help document Text is garbled in converted file | ExportPDF to get the detailed description about it.

Regards

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Thank you for your kind help, but the problem remains -- I'm only looking to convert German text to a Word document and the document was saved from the source as a PDF, so there is no quality issue with the text.

I have a feeling there is some protection issue, but there is no indication that the document is protected from the "Properties" tab. One indication is cannot select and copy text from the file -- I only get garbage when I paste it.

Other PDF documents I've tested work as expected, so the process can work, just not on this document.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another clue: This is what you see when you try to highlight text to copy:

Is that any help?

Thank you again for your kind support.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I apologize for the delay in response to your last update.

As you have shared above, that this is the only document that not giving the appropriate result and rest all working fine.

Not really sure about the pdf you are referring above.

To cross check, we can test the same document at our end. You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Thank you again for your support! I've sent an email with the original document attached to this address: 

discussions-community-document--cloud--PDF--services@adobe-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com
I hope you receive it!
Thanks again!
Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately, we haven't received any email from you. I have cross checked it.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is nothing ever easy?

What is the email or process to send the document?

Thank you!

brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check private message again.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources