• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF files into Word document

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a subscription to be able to convert PDF docs into a Word Document.  It's opening a Word document, but all the information is pasted as a picture.  No way to edit the information.  What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

What steps are you taking to convert the pdf to Word? If you are doing it from Adobe Acrobat Reader, under Tools>Export PDF you should see settings that might say "Do not recognize text". If you click "Change" and set it for "Recognize text in English", it should work.

Or you can check your scanning software to see if there are recognize text settings (also may be called Optical Character Recognistion) in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that the pdf is just a scanned image. Can you select individual words in the pdf file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm scanning a book that I need to translate.  I can't select anything Is there a way i can scan the book so I can edit it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not posible with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps are you taking to convert the pdf to Word? If you are doing it from Adobe Acrobat Reader, under Tools>Export PDF you should see settings that might say "Do not recognize text". If you click "Change" and set it for "Recognize text in English", it should work.

Or you can check your scanning software to see if there are recognize text settings (also may be called Optical Character Recognistion) in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked to convert my PDF to WORD for two hours now.  I have clicked all the right boxes and I have done this before.  I paid my dues in June 2017. Please indicate the prompts I should select to get this done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yvonnev74024658. You may or may not have the same issue as the original poster in this thread. I suggest starting your own thread and giving us all of the details (which you haven't done here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources