• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copied MS text to Acrobat X doesn't work.

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copied Microsoft Text to Adobe Acrobat X format- with the editing tools that are provided in this Program, was this copied text originally designed for Editing? (because this is much more difficult to do successfully vs. any PDF Original Text in it's Original format)! Any answers here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PDF is initially not to be edited and editing the PDF is only a bad replacement for recreating the PDF from the source. However, editing features have greatly improved an Acrobat DC allows quite successfull editing sessions.

After pasting text into Acrobat, it is Acrobat text. There is no difference between original text and pasted text. editing features will be the same.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All's I can say is- most things come down to Trial & Error & with any topic.  On the Acrobat X Program with the Original PDF text- the editing was very simple & successful because I soon got a handle on the Instructions.  I believe from what you wrote earlier is that you have not had any direct experience into this.  It may just take a little more time vs. originally putting the text in Microsoft Word format then converting the entire MS Word file over,but it certainly does not hurt to learn new things either.

When editing the Copied Text over- the end-results of the Editing Tools were not the same as with the Original PDF Text so it could be that the Copied Text is not compatible with the Adobe Acrobat X Editing tools.  Incidentally, I did obtain difficult & poor results from the Copied text, so without any third party attempting to Edit any previous Copied & Pasted MS Word Text in Adobe Acrobat X format, one cannot offer any accurate opinion.  At least that is the way I see this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PDF Text Editing for small quantities is acceptable, as it comes down to personal preference? I would not say what you stated.. Pasted text is much more difficult to do vs. Original PDF text.  If you try it on your own, you then will notice it!

If you do not attempt it, then exactly how will you ever know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say that as soon as text has been pasted, this text is Adobe Acrobat text. Anything you can di with the text, can be done. It’s not more difficult to select pasted text vs original text.

There may be a difference with typewriter text. I did not yet figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way on here that I can attach a PDF file that has everything in it (from my own personal experiences) with both the Copied Text & Original PDF Text?  Also included would be the Typewriter Text (from the right side) as well as the Text taken from the top (Text Box's 1 & 2).  Is it possible to send this complete Attachment right here?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can include a link to dropbox or similar. It is not possible to attach files to forum entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is Option #1 accomplished? I cannot remember the exact details of two other separate & similar situations like this dropbox method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF EDITING

NEW TEXT

01) Open file in Adobe Acrobat X.

02) Click on Content.

03) Click on Text Box 2 at top- new text> click within box to start.

3a) Point cursor to correct point, then type.

3b)*Highlight manually, then right click-Text Style to select ‘Bold’.

04)*Press ‘Ctrl + E’ to access the Text Properties Bar (no cursor).

4a)*Change font name-size-color.

05)*Double Click the text in Highlight Outline Box to access the Highlighter Tool Properties Bar to select Background color.

*Defaults- text color-Black, font type-Arial, font size-14.50, & ‘No Border’ (my selections).

06) Continue typing, click on Text Box 1 to create Highlight Outline Box.

07)*Drag Box borders (Move) any direction for placement.

08)*Drag Box Horizontal borders (Enlarge) with either 2 center Squares for either direction for complete Horizontal distance.

8a) Complete typing, done.

09) Double click cursor on outside of HO Box border OR in Text Box 1 to remove. ‘No Border’ was previously selected as Default.

10) Click on Save’.

EXISTING TEXT

INITIAL-ORIGINAL PDF TEXT

01) Open file -Adobe Acrobat X.

02) Click on Content.

03) Click on Text Box 1 at top- existing txt> OR #3a)

03+) Point cursor to correct point to add HO Box

03++) Double Click within Horizontal Outline box to remove it, then add text.

3a)*Click on Add or Edit Text Box (right).

3aa)*Click 1x n outside of Solid Box border to activate Typewriter.

3aaa) Point cursor to correct point, then type added txt.

04)*Drag Box borders Move) any direction for placement.

05)*Drag Box orizontal borders (Enlarge) with either 2 center Squares for either direction or complete Horizontal distance.

06)*Press ‘Ctrl E’ to access the Text Properties Bar (no cursor).

6a)*Change font name-size-color.

07)*Double lick the text in Highlight Outline Box to access the Highlighter Tool Properties Bar to select Background color.

08) Double click cursor on outside of HO Box border OR on Text Box 1 to remove. No Border’ was previously selected as Default.

09) Click on ‘Save’.

COPIED MS TEXT

01) Open file in Adobe Acrobat X.

02) Click on Content.

03) Click on Edit Document Txt (right), OR #3a).

03+) Point cursor to correct point which creates Solid Outline Box.

03++) Manually delete words, no adding of text possible.

3a) Click on Text Box 2 at top.

3aa) Double Click on next row above the word to delete.

3b) Click on Text Box 2 again, to type.

3bb) Double Click on vacant area to produce cursor, then add replacement text. #05)- deletes text sentence(s).

3bx3) Check alignment.

3bx4) Repeat #3a) steps if needed?

POOR END-RESULTS

04)*Drag box borders (Move) any direction for placement.
05)Drag Box orders (Enlarge) with either 2 center Squares for either direction for complete Horizontal distance which deletes txt sentenc

06*Press ‘Ctrl + E’ to access the Text Properties Bar (no cursor).

6a)*Change font name-size-color.

07)*Double Click the text in Highlight Outline Box to access the Highlighter Tool Properties Bar to select Background color.

08) Double Click cursor on outside of HO Box border OR on Text Box 1 to remove. No Border’ was previously selected as Default.

09) Click on ‘Save’.

DELETION

01) Steps #01, #02,#3b) 02) Click File at top, select ‘Delete’ 03) Click on ‘Save’.

DONE- The actual problem lies with #3a) on the Copied Text section! Experiment on your own. Also you can copy & paste these steps into a MS Word or PDF file on your own (if desired)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I'm having great difficulty in attempting to change the Solid Outline Box to a Highlighted one which was unlike from earlier.  It now appears that editing text in PDF format may not be the way to go.

Writing new text in a blank PDF Doc. is entirely different- correcting individual spelling errors (as the User goes along).  If there is any new placement issue for paragraphs, the User would just do them separately, then saving it on that exact location & starting over with new placement starts with subsequent 'Saves', with additional repeats (*if necessary).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources