Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Creating a dynamic stamp - not updating the date

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yall.  I am trying to create a dynamic stamp but each time it only gives me the date and time that the stamp was created.  It isn't using the current date and time whenever I try to use the stamp.  How can I solve this?  Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Adobe Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the code you used and/or share with us the actual stamp file itself.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code used in the calculation section:
event.value=util.printd("dd/mm/yyyy", new Date());

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Not quite sure how it happened but I seemed to have gotten it working about 2 days ago (Feb 1, 2021).  To try to help others, make sure your directories are clear of your failed attempts (if you have any).  I had and I think this affected the outcome.  Also ensure your filenames are unique, mine were but I'm not sure if some similarities added to the confusion.  Final tip is that my dynamic stamp seems to update every hour or whenever you shut down and restart Adobe.  It does not work like the dynamic stamps that are standard within the program.  The standard ones update the time by the minute.  I was expecting mine to work the same way but if I leave adobe open, which I do mostly, the time updates like every hour.  I hope this helps someone as I was stumped for a few weeks.

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something wrong with your dynamic stamp.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could very well be.  I've been trying to get it to work properly for weeks.  This is the closest I've come.  I would prefer it to work like the other (standard) dynamic stamps but I can live with it like this unless you can help me get it right.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Share the stamp file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources