• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Link in PDF

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add an email link to a document. The steps I've taken after adding the text are: 

Click "link" in the menu

Click Add/Edit Web or Document Link

Using my mouse, create a rectangle over the text I would like to have clickable

In the pop up box that comes up, set link type to invisible rectangle

Select open a web page from the Link Action section

Click Next

Then... crickets. Nothing happens. There should be a new pop up where I put in the mailto: email address, but that doesn't happen. Nothing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you are trying to add an email link in the PDF, please refer to the information provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html. Check the steps suggested under the "Add a submit button." 

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Thanks.

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not at all what I'm trying to do. I'm just trying to insert a link into a document. 

The steps I've taken after adding the text are: 

Click "link" in the menu

Click Add/Edit Web or Document Link

Using my mouse, create a rectangle over the text I would like to have clickable

In the pop up box that comes up, set link type to invisible rectangle

Select open a web page from the Link Action section

Click Next

Then... crickets. Nothing happens. There should be a new pop up where I put in the mailto: email address, but that doesn't happen. Nothing happens.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the information.

We have tried the workflow, and it opens up the new Edit URL window where you can add the URL for the link.

If you are not receiving the window, please ensure that you are using the latest version of the application. Try once to repair the installation. In the application, go to Help > Repair Installation.

If the issue still occurs, please share the Acrobat and OS versions you are using.

Please check if the issue occurs with a particular PDF. Share the video of the issue with us. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

PS. You posted in the wrong forum. You should use the Acrobat forum in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources