• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date Stamp automatically added to the File Name when copying to OneDrive

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using iPhone Files app, when I copy a file from Adobe Cloud of Adobe Scan to my OneDrive, the current date and time gets added automatically to the end of the file name being copied to OneDrive. I would like to remove this automatic feature that is adding the date stamp to the file name. Where do I go to remove that?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be a issue of this app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Devices and Apps:

iPhone Model 6S Plus with iOS 15.5

Adobe Scan App for iOS: Version 22.06.21 // Adobe Cloud Storage (Free Version)

Microsoft OneDrive for Business - App Version 13.19.2

Steps:

1)  I open Adobe Scan App and scan a paper document.

2)  I name that document My_Scan.pdf

3)  Adobe Scan runs the OCR and uploads that file to my Adobe Cloud.

4)  While still in Adobe Scan App, I open that PDF and click on "Share a Copy" button.

5)  That asks me to choose location. I select "Save to Files"

6)  I navigate to the OneDrive for Business, and choose a particular folder within OneDrive to save that file to. I close the Adobe Scan App.

7)  Now that I go into my OneDrive for Business App, and view the list of my recent files, that new Adobe scan PDF is there, but its file name now is My_Scan 20220630 141520.pdf  -- Notice that I did not put the date/time into the file name when scanning and saving that file originally, but now the file name has a date/time stamp in it.

NOTE:  This is only happening when I move my Adobe Scan saved files.  When I move a file from my DROP BOX Cloud location to OneDrive Business location, using the same above proces, the file name remains exactly the same as it was in DROPBOX location.  Therefore, if this were a problem with my OneDrive Business App or iPhone Files App, then a date/time would be added to all my files that I move from other cloud locations using that same iPhone set-up, and not just Adobe Scan Cloud files.  Hope this all makes sense to you and you can help.

Thank you.

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Max,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Would you mind sharing the step-by-step workflow to replicate the behavior?

It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording showing the complete workflow and the issue you experienced.

Share the application and OS version used.

Let us know if the issue is resolved already.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Devices and Apps:

iPhine Model 6S Plus with iOS 15.5

Adobe Scan App for iOS: Version 22.06.21 // Adobe Cloud Storage (Free Version)

Microsoft OneDrive for Business - App Version 13.19.2

Steps:

1)  I open Adobe Scan App and scan a paper document.

2)  I name that document My_Scan.pdf

3)  Adobe Scan runs the OCR and uploads that file to my Adobe Cloud.

4)  While still in Adobe Scan App, I open that PDF and click on "Share a Copy" button.

5)  That asks me to choose location. I select "Save to Files"

6)  I navigate to the OneDrive for Business, and choose a particular folder within OneDrive to save that file to. I close the Adobe Scan App.

7)  Now that I go into my OneDrive for Business App, and view the list of my recent files, that new Adobe scan PDF is there, but its file name now is My_Scan 20220630 141520.pdf  -- Notice that I did not put the date/time into the file name when scanning and saving that file originally, but now the file name has a date/time stamp in it.

NOTE:  This is only happening when I move my Adobe Scan saved files.  When I move a file from my DROP BOX Cloud location to OneDrive Business location, using the same above proces, the file name remains exactly the same as it was in DROPBOX location.  Therefore, if this were a problem with my OneDrive Business App or iPhone Files App, then a date/time would be added to all my files that I move from other cloud locations using that same iPhone set-up, and not just Adobe Scan Cloud files.  Hope this all makes sense to you and you can help.

Thank you.

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to this?  I have the same problem with iphone 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Josh246015894uos,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for writing in!

Would you mind checking the preferences of your Adobe Scan App to see if the default name system has the date and time added to it? Adobe Scan will automatically add the timestamp to the file name if yes.

If this has already been removed, there should be no changes from Adobe Scan's end. 

Once you get to the share sheet with the list of applications, you should see the file name at the top of the page. 

That is the name Adobe Scan forwards to Apple's UI. We have nothing to interfere with once you select the following application, which is all Apple.

Hope this clarifies your question.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines