Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Deleted and cant compress same file

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted a file that I had previously compressed from Adobe.com. I figured now that its deleted,  I can compress from the original and a new link/entity will be created. But I keep getting error, that this file is already compressed. 

Now I am unable to find a way to restore the deleted file and to compress the original file. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Manage files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you remember how did you deleted the file?

In which operating system did this happen?

I'm only asking to see if you manually deleted the file while browsing for the file in a given directory in your operating system.

Say, in MS Windows, and if that was the case, you might still get a chance to recover it from the recycle bin.

If you've deleted from the Acrobat Recent view while you were cleaning the clutter of recent files in this work space, you may also be able to recover it, specifically  if you don't remember where it was saved; you may have to search for it in your Documents folder (or similar).

If on the other hand, you created a new document and closed it without saving it, and there was no automatic backup selected  in the Acrobat's recovery preferences, I think you won't be able to recover nothing.

If that was the case, did you try closing and re-opening Acrobat?

Sometimes when  the program is exit abruptly (without saving any work), the next time that you open it  it will pop a message indicating if you want to recover the documents that weren't properly saved... but that's about it.

On second thought, if you had Acrobat configured in the preferences to save documents automatically to the Document Cloud, you may have to go online, sign in with your AdobeID and see if that file was cached in the Document Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources