• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I on top of having yet purchased an Adobe PDF Pack- Annual‎ need to buy also Adobe Acrobate Pro DC? It doens't make any sence...

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I on top of having yet purchased an Adobe PDF Pack- Annual‎ need to buy also Adobe Acrobate Pro DC? It doens't make any sence...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Hi Jonath,

With Adobe Reader, you can save PDF forms, but not other PDF files. To save any Word file as PDF, you need Acrobat subscription, with AdobePDFPack, you won't be able to save any Word file as PDF.

Adobe Reader is still a freeware software which is used to View, Print, annotate PDF files. But with Adobe Reader, you cannot edit any PDF file, if you try to edit any PDF file, it will ask you to subscribe for Acrobat subscription.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jonathw,

As per the description above, it asking you to subscribe to Acrobat Pro DC, and you are have already subscribed to Adobe PDFPack services, is that correct?

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe PDFPack services, with it you can:

• Convert documents and image files to PDF
  • Combine multiple documents into one PDF
  • Export PDFs to editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF formats
  • Fill and sign PDF forms fast with smart autofill
  • Get signatures from others, then track and manage responses
  • Send, track, and confirm delivery of important documents
  • Store and share files online,

but you cannot edit any PDF file, to edit a PDF file, you need to subscribe to Acrobat Pro subscription, see Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: PDF converter, convert PDFs from anywhere.

If you have a requirement of Editing PDF files, you can subscribe to Acrobat.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sir

I don’t want to edit my pdf’s. I just want to be able to save or to print a Word-file as pdf, straight from my Word program. (Like it used to always do with my previous computer)

Isn’t that possible with my subscription?

Acrobat reader (the simple version: to save and read PDF) used to be for free, what happened? Also what good is my expensive subscription for Adobe PDFPack<https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fhelpx.adobe.com%2Fdocument-cloud%2Fhelp%2Fusing-pdfpack.html> if I can’t even save a word-file as PDF. Sounds almost like a rip-off.

Sincerely

Jonath Weinberger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jonath,

With Adobe Reader, you can save PDF forms, but not other PDF files. To save any Word file as PDF, you need Acrobat subscription, with AdobePDFPack, you won't be able to save any Word file as PDF.

Adobe Reader is still a freeware software which is used to View, Print, annotate PDF files. But with Adobe Reader, you cannot edit any PDF file, if you try to edit any PDF file, it will ask you to subscribe for Acrobat subscription.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources