• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document will not convert

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that is 3.4mb in size that will not convert to xlsx. I have successfully converted it to docx to test. I have successfully converted other documents to xlsx without problem. I have also tried a number of things from other forums, none of which work. Can you please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johntsg,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused. we see that you are a subscriber of Adobe Export PDF service, and using the Export PDF feature, 3.5 MB document conversion shouldn't be returning the error.

Please check the PDF file's security settings from Document Properties.

> Open the PDF> Click on File>Select Properties>Select Security tab

While converting the document, if you receive the error "Conversion Failure" then you may try all the troubleshooting steps suggested in similar discussion here- Unable to convert a PDF to Excel - getting a conversion failure message

If you have already tried them, then it might be a file specific issue for which we have to test with the same file.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

The security tab indicated there was no security. I have tried the suggestions on the other forums but no luck.

What are the next steps..

Regards,

John Pavey

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for trying the steps suggested.

Are you referring to the "Security Method" or "Document Restrictions Summary"? There is nothing to do with the "Security Method", you may check the "Document Restrictions Summary" as shown in the screenshot-

If this is the case with specific document, then you may share the sample file with us. We would like to reproduce the same at our end and will see whether the issue with the PDF file or Acrobat application itself.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Screen shot of document properties attached.

Regards,

John Pavey

Tobacco Station – Dalby

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

Sorry to say there isn't any screenshot attached above. Steps to attach file- https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Please email the document to the email address shared via private message.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akanchha,

Sorry about that…

Regards,

John Pavey

Tobacco Station – Dalby

[Moderator: Personal information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources